BB article by Chris Yates

This forum belongs to BB (Denys Watkins Pitchford).
Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Re: BB article by Chris Yates

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Mark wrote:I was just going to do the same thing, thanks Snape.
Thanks Mark/Snape.....Fingers crossed!

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Apparently the copyright is Chris Yates so unfortunately gentlemen we can’t scan it for the forum.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Mark wrote:Apparently the copyright is Chris Yates so unfortunately gentlemen we can’t scan it for the forum.
Whata shame...If I had a contact Id drop him aline. CY met BB and what an experience that was Im sure .He wrote about it its out of print. Wish I had waterlog 14 :hairout: Still oneday might get the chance. Id just love to read the tale

The VFC
Brown Trout

Post by The VFC »

Just a thought - is it in "The Waterlog Years"? I don't own this book so can't check I'm afraid.

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

The VFC wrote:Just a thought - is it in "The Waterlog Years"? I don't own this book so can't check I'm afraid.

I have a copy of the Waterlog Years, and yes there is an article from CY about BB just tiltled 'BB' on page 295.
So I assume this is the same article, as the book has every one of the 'The Waterlog' articles from issues 1 to 50 that CY wrote, plus six other additional CY Waterlog articles at the end of which the 'BB' article is one of them.

The last article is' The Key to the Madhouse' which I thought was really superb, and is in issue no. 1 of Waterlog.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Julian wrote:
The VFC wrote:Just a thought - is it in "The Waterlog Years"? I don't own this book so can't check I'm afraid.

I have a copy of the Waterlog Years, and yes there is an article from CY about BB just tiltled 'BB' on page 295.
So I assume this is the same article, as the book has every one of the 'The Waterlog' articles from issues 1 to 50 that CY wrote, plus six other additional CY Waterlog articles at the end of which the 'BB' article is one of them..
That's the one Julian but in my book the article is on page 293.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Return to “BB (Denys Watkins Pitchford)”