River Roding

This forum belongs to the River Roding.
Andrew Banham

Re: River Roding

Post by Andrew Banham »

Providing no work comes in this weekend me and a few others will be closing the access points at passingford bridge. One of our members confronted some eastern europeans last week and pointed out that they are breaking the law by trespassing and we pay large rents to the landowner(farmer). They travelled from tottenham to poach the bdac stretch. They left empty handed. Does go to prove they have gone past the free stretches of the Lea and Roding to get to our stretch because there is nothing left in the free stretches.

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Andrew Banham wrote:Providing no work comes in this weekend me and a few others will be closing the access points at passingford bridge. One of our members confronted some eastern europeans last week and pointed out that they are breaking the law by trespassing and we pay large rents to the landowner(farmer). They travelled from tottenham to poach the bdac stretch. They left empty handed. Does go to prove they have gone past the free stretches of the Lea and Roding to get to our stretch because there is nothing left in the free stretches.
I think you may well be right. All free stretch areas emptied of fish . So wrong ...so wrong

Andrew Banham

Post by Andrew Banham »

My buddy John and myself will meet in a cafe in Harold Hill on saturday at 8am and get over passingford bridge around 9-9:30. Our main objectives are to barb wire the access next to the layby and near the bridge where the fence is damaged.

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Good Idea Andrew,

We tend to drive over Passingford about once a month to go to my sister-in-laws. I'll PM you if I see anybody in the area during the close season.

Andrew Banham

Post by Andrew Banham »

Cheers buddy. If poachers want to get in they will however i want to make it as hard as possible. I met a polish angler on a free stretch of the thames and he was a proper angler and he said the trouble with freshwater fish eating countries is they take everything, if the fish are small they make soup. He said in poland the river Danube has almost has no fish at all. We were surprised he was taking photo,s of fish not very big however he told us a perch over 4ozs in poland is a specimen. Hope our rivers dont go the same way.if anyone bdac or not wants to pop over sat morning feel free even just to say hello.

Bigoll
Silver Bream

Post by Bigoll »

Good luck with the poacher-proofing, Andrew! On Saturday from 9am I'll be fly fishing at Norton trout lake next to the Roding, otherwise I'd have popped along to have a peek at the BDAC stretch.

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

When I fished in Germany myself and my fishing buddy used to wind up the locals by putting everything back, actually illegal there I think. We had people trying to buy nets of Roach off of us and people's faces when we put back a 32lb+ Carp!!

Andrew Banham

Post by Andrew Banham »

Bigoll my friend Lee has fly fished the bdac stretch of the roding and caught chub, dace and roach first few weeks of the season.
Steve be nice to meet you however dont push it.
Gaz my woman is not from the uk and when we watch Robson Green and he returns big fish native to her country she goes mad and i lol.

Andrew Banham

Post by Andrew Banham »

We went over the roding at passingford and barb wired the easy access by the layby. This will be ongoing through out the closed season . After i left John he went over stanford rivers and found a battle scarred chub of around 5-6lb dying of old age. How it should be ,not for the table. Pictures on billericay and district angling facebook page

Andrew Banham

Post by Andrew Banham »

Its ok steve ,me and John will be on the river checking the fences and putting up signs that will be harder to take down, a well known tactić with parking signs ripped down outside building sites in london so they can park for free.

Return to “River Roding”