Peter Stone Rods

This forum belongs to Peter Stone.
The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Peter Stone Rods

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

A advert for Peter Stone Ledger Rods............

SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Champ
Chub

Re: Peter Stone Rods

Post by Champ »

Brings back memories of my chubbing days.I had the Medium leger.Two piece very thin walled glass in a reddish-brown maroon colour.

It was a stiff rod and could bully chevin out of snags quite well.I had planned to get the light version as well but found that with a few different weight quivertips to screw on the tip ring i only needed the one.

It finally expired when i overtightened the straps around the roll up hodall i was using at the time and the butt glass cracked as it pressed against a metal net handle.

A sad end to a favourite rod.. :cry: ....

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Ouch!!!! :cry:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

What a tragic end :cry:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

CraigM
Grayling

Post by CraigM »

Champ,

Belated commiserations from me too.

I've got & use an 11' Peter Stone Leger - the ultralight - which also has the very thin, translucent red/maroon glass. I'm amazed that it's lasted some 35 years & I treat it as if it was one of my most prized cane ones.

Champ
Chub

Post by Champ »

Lovely to hear that you still use a PS Craig.I bought a cane PS ledgerstrike a few years ago thinking that it would be similar in action though of my now favourite material.It was a very good rod but quite different to my glass one.A little short at 10 feet too.I wonder if there was ever an 11 foot cane model of the ledgerstrike made.Some one may have made one under another name.I bet it would be a gem.

Mr B

Post by Mr B »

Peter stone was one of my heroes, I also have one of his rods. (As well as a couple of books) Well one of the blanks anyway!

Its an unfinished grey blank that was salvaged out of the modern /arms factory in Bromley. (I work in Bromley)

I used to use it for Eel fishing until all the poor eels went for a Burton. It would make a good Barbel rod at 11ft.

My Sons have used and abused it by pulling in strings of mackerel from chesil beach with it over the years.
It now stands in my kitchen, needing a repair to the handle that got shut in my old Land Rover door! I am sure it will be as good as new once it is done.

It is a lovely rod with an all through powerful action, I reckon about 2lbs tc.

I called into the old Modern Arms factory about 15 years ago to see if they had any more blanks.... they had all gone. The factory was selling Brushes.

On reflection I cant really say its a Peter Stone rod!!! but I bet its the same blank!

Mark

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

I remember Tortue line. Is it still made?
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Davyr

Post by Davyr »

No longer made, but this chap has 4 unused spools for sale:

http://www.vintagefishingtackle.org/acc ... guides.htm

Only good for display purposes, I should think!

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

I went in search of a Peter Stone Ledgerstrike rod last year and just missed out on one but I was told that Chapmans and one other rod manufacturer made them. Does anyone know who the other manufacturer was or was my leg being pulled? Thanks.

Return to “Peter Stone”