Pictures of Peter Stone

This forum belongs to Peter Stone.
Paul D

Re: Pictures of Peter Stone

Post by Paul D »

That's superb, is that a place anyone can get to? I would love to go and see that .

Goosequill
Dace

Post by Goosequill »

Paul D wrote:That's superb, is that a place anyone can get to? I would love to go and see that .
Hi there Paul,

Yes it is very easy to get to.

There is a (free!!) public car park in Wolvercote right next to the Mill Stream and the bridge is next to the car park area (its on the same road - Godstow Road - that you turn off to go into the car park).

You can also walk down through the common and follow the stream till it joins the Thames downstream of the Trout Inn and finally that comes into the Weir Pool.

Hopefully the Googlemap link works below:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Wol ... -1.2918467

Kind regards,

Chris

Chris Bettis
Crucian Carp

Post by Chris Bettis »

Nice to see a pic of Pete Stone, a dear friend and a real gentleman. Pete would have used the best of the latest tackle no doubt but I am sure he would also have had a great respect for we traditional anglers.

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

Back in the 70s and 80s I used to stay in Wolvercote and back in 1971 I watched Peter Stone fishing the pool just below the Toll Bridge catching bream of around a pound on the float. The swim he fished for barbel wasn't far below the bathing place and I fished that swim in the late 60s and early 70s though knew nothing of the barbel! I once had 26 carp (typically 4oz) in a morning from that pool, finding out later that the Thames water had stocked two dustbin loads the previous day.

Return to “Peter Stone”