An Eight Pound Chub

This forum belongs to Mike Wilson.
Mike Wilson
Perch

Re: An Eight Pound Chub

Post by Mike Wilson »

No 9's but did catch yesterday 7.05, 7.04 and a 6.15.
Not a touch today in the cold east wind

Mike

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Well done Mike, what a catch.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Stuart Whiting

Post by Stuart Whiting »

Mike Wilson wrote:No 9's but did catch yesterday 7.05, 7.04 and a 6.15.
Not a touch today in the cold east wind

Mike
Good grief, that should be in the hall of fame to get 3 chub of that size all in one session :Hat:

Well done Mike that is outstanding and what a way to finish the season,

I'm definitely gonna be watching this space towards the back end of next season :Thumb:

Hope you have a good summer,

Stuart

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Fabulous fish Mike, Few anglers will have bettered that in a lifetime never mind one back end to a season - astounding.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

A cracking day's fishing Mike!

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Special, special fish. Dreams becoming reality.

I was talking to a friend about this at the week-end. looking back to my childhood I knew all the record weights of most of the freshwater species as well as the captors, the venue and the year. Those fish seemed to mean so much more to me then as I no longer know any of the records if the truth be known. Those weights were the weights I dreamt of one day beating, but never really thinking this would ever realistically happen, yet here we are many years on and what has happened in fish growths in some of the species is quite incredible and now with several records in the album (had the world stood still) the big fish angler has never had it so good.

The smallest one Mike mentions is still a veritable monster around these parts, as always, one has to put oneself on the right venue before one can even think of connecting with dream fish.

Mike Wilson
Perch

Post by Mike Wilson »

Agree Shaun.
It may very well be my last big chub if circumstances at the fishery change, however I hope not. It only requires a branch to fall in the swim or some other disaster. I will spend the summer looking for similar swims/fisheries. Sadly I had an audience who took the photos [will give them to Mark once her who must be obeyed has worked out my new camera]. Problem is these anglers may/will move in and perhaps spook the fish plus of course tell all their mates which in turn may alert the "Circus". Had all that in my carp fishing days which is why I now concentrate on chub. The 'smallest', one of a few 6's caught this year, may very well have been a 7 as I was quite aggressive taking the weight of the weighing sling off however as I've had now five 7's does it matter. I'm not in a race, I fish for myself and content with my lot. Naturally I'd like more but what will be will be.
Take care my friend until we meet again

Mike

Stuart Whiting

Post by Stuart Whiting »

Shaun Harrison wrote:Special, special fish. Dreams becoming reality.

I was talking to a friend about this at the week-end. looking back to my childhood I knew all the record weights of most of the freshwater species as well as the captors, the venue and the year. Those fish seemed to mean so much more to me then as I no longer know any of the records if the truth be known. Those weights were the weights I dreamt of one day beating, but never really thinking this would ever realistically happen, yet here we are many years on and what has happened in fish growths in some of the species is quite incredible and now with several records in the album (had the world stood still) the big fish angler has never had it so good.

The smallest one Mike mentions is still a veritable monster around these parts, as always, one has to put oneself on the right venue before one can even think of connecting with dream fish.
Totally agree Shaun, very true and wise words :Hat:

Stuart

Stuart Whiting

Post by Stuart Whiting »

Mike Wilson wrote:Agree Shaun.
It may very well be my last big chub if circumstances at the fishery change, however I hope not. It only requires a branch to fall in the swim or some other disaster. I will spend the summer looking for similar swims/fisheries. Sadly I had an audience who took the photos [will give them to Mark once her who must be obeyed has worked out my new camera]. Problem is these anglers may/will move in and perhaps spook the fish plus of course tell all their mates which in turn may alert the "Circus". Had all that in my carp fishing days which is why I now concentrate on chub. The 'smallest', one of a few 6's caught this year, may very well have been a 7 as I was quite aggressive taking the weight of the weighing sling off however as I've had now five 7's does it matter. I'm not in a race, I fish for myself and content with my lot. Naturally I'd like more but what will be will be.
Take care my friend until we meet again

Mike
Loverly Wright up Mike, well done once again,

going by your carp fishing history Mike if you were to ever publish a chub book I could see it being very sought after , I for one would most definitely buy it to add to my forever growing collection of single specie books :Thumb:

Stuart

Len Arbery
Silver Bream

Post by Len Arbery »

Hi Mike,

Just learned of your terrific 8lb chub so would like to add my congratulations.

All the Best,

Len.

Return to “Mike Wilson”