A. E. RUDGE...A Champion or a Basket Case Too Far

The A. E. Rudge and Son Rods forum.
Shed_Monkey
Grayling

Re: A. E. RUDGE...A Champion or a Basket Case Too Far

Post by Shed_Monkey »

A slightly sad ending - but at least the parts like ferrules, eyes and trim bands can be recycled and continue being useful as well as the tip finding new life.

I've just had to make the same decision on one of my old roach rods - the whole cane in the middle and tip sections is splitting out quite severely in the same way as yours. I stripped the rings off it today and will take the other parts off later so it will sort of live on in a new incarnation eventually.

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

:Thumb:

Ditto Shed Monkey, the parts will live on :Wink:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Post by Wagtail »

That's really very kind Neil, but unfortunately I sold it on last year (and yes, I did warn the purchaser about the soft tip!).

However, in amongst my odds-of-rods box is a mid-section that I'm sure came from a Champion, and I've also got a butt section that you might be able to use too. If you're going to the Redditch show in May come and find my stand and you will be welcome to them if they are of use :Hat:
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

I could only happen on TFF where you offer someone a tip section and come away with a butt and a middle section for yourself.

Many thanks for your kind offer. I'll try and make Redditch :Hat: :Thumb:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Shed_Monkey
Grayling

Post by Shed_Monkey »

:clap: Well done chaps :clap:

The TFF spirit strikes again :cheers:

Stick
Dace

Post by Stick »

Good to learn at least one of you will have a functioning rod! Funnily enough my 10' 6" rod of near identical design but not model name went the same way but on the middle joint. Just a gentle cast and an equally gentle crack.

Made a replacement section and now back in action. In fact I was out after work for an hour or two and had 3 nice perch in the 12" to 14" range. Fingers crossed the rod will endure.

Return to “A. E. Rudge and Son Cane Rods”