Precision Rods 'R. Sealey's Lightweight'

The Precision Rods forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Precision Rods 'R. Sealey's Lightweight'

Post by AshbyCut »

The latest addition to my Precision Rods has just arrived (28 now), and what a delight it is !!!

It was described as 'about 89 inches' but, on measuring it, it is exactly 7ft. 2in., and although one of the photographs in the listing clearly showed hand written 'R. Sealey,' the actual model name wasn't shown or stated ... so I wasn't sure about what would arrive.

This two piece split cane fly rod really does live up to it's name of 'R. Sealey's Tudor Lightweight,' tipping the scales at a feather-like 3.65oz. (104gr.) !!!

Once again, a small area of the old varnish has crumbled from the tip guide whipping proving that where many people think that Precision used black and yellow twist, it's actually black and white which appears yellow due to the discolouration of the ageing varnish.

Image Image Image

Image Image
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Marc
Sea Trout

Re: Precision Rods 'R. Sealey's Lightweight'

Post by Marc »

28! Bloomin' 'eck AC. You'll be opening a museum soon, obviously with working exhibits. They are things of beauty.
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Return to “Precision Cane Rods”