Precision Rods 'R Sealey's Tudor Supreme' 12ft.

The Precision Rods forum.
LuckyLuca
Barbel

Re: Precision Rods 'R Sealey's Tudor Supreme' 12ft.

Post by LuckyLuca »

What a beauty!

Well done Mal!
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Trilob
Chub

Post by Trilob »

stunning! i like the 'liquid glass' look of the varnish on this rod!

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

Wow :drool:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Well ... I've just about recovered from the joy of collecting the rod yesterday. 'Tis a thing of beauty and a joy to behold ... and I've had the pleasure of beholding it all last night and today. Christmas really IS here !!!!!

The skill and attention to detail (and my requests) that CaneAndAble has put into bringing this rod back to life are a pleasure to see, and I can only thank him for all his work.

I must thank Bumble too, as his input into the project has been, as always, invaluable.

I decided that the rod should be as close as possible to how it would have been when new, and based the whippings on those I knew to be original on my other rods of this style by the same maker. I also resisted the urge to have the sliding reel mount removed (I'm not a great fan of them, personally) as it was obviously 'factory fitted' ... though it may have been done so at the request of a customer. I did, however, ask for a tip guide with the facility to accept a 'swing tip' ... just to give options.

All in all, this is something rather special ... to me at least ... and I am eagerly anticipating 2016 already !!!

Image Image Image
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

'Twas a pleasure my friend a sublime rod lovenly restored by a genius and now back in the hands of it's rightful owner cannot wait for the Spring and the Tinca's.
Bumble

Return to “Precision Cane Rods”