NOT original condition 12ft. 'Tudor Supreme'

The Precision Rods forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

NOT original condition 12ft. 'Tudor Supreme'

Post by AshbyCut »

2016 has started well ... and there's no sign of an ebb of the obsession !!!

My deepest thanks (and a very large tincture) must go to Bumble for pointing me in the direction of this rod, which I shall be collecting on Thursday afternoon.

I think that this one is much earlier than the one (which I believe is a 12ft. 'Supreme') which I've just had restored so beautifully by CaneAndAble ... as I believe is evident by the guide spacing as well as the reel mount. It will be fascinating to compare the tapers !

This one has 'low bell' guides ... and obviously from the days before British rod makers were cutting costs by reducing the number of guides used, as this one has 7 intermediates on the tip alone.

I'll bore you all with better photos when I have it at home ... and when the sun shines !

Image Image

Adendum !!! It's my age, you know !!! As Wal has just pointed out ... what I thought were 'low bells' are, in fact, single leg Fuji guides !!! The old eyes are giving out, I tell you !!! I'm still delighted to have it ... and 'low bells' will grace it at my earliest opportunity.
Last edited by AshbyCut on Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Re: Original condition 12ft. 'Tudor Supreme'

Post by Bumble »

Wonderful stuff young man love it when a plan comes together. I had a glass already prepared when you secured it.
I keep reading on various pages on the net there are no bargains anymore little do they know more power to your elbow young man. Classic rod by a truely great builder cannot wait to see it on the bank in the spring

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

I don't believe it :surrender: , I thought well Mal has a 12 footer surely he doesn't need another and then as I thought it might be worth chasing the price jumped and the penny dropped !

I doff my cap to the Precision bagging team :mrgreen:
Last edited by Mushy on Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best Fishes
Mushy

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Well done Mal, another quality rod for your collection, though it does look to have single leg Fuji rings so this is probably why it has so many.

Wal.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Mushy wrote:surely he doesn't need another !
Wash your mouth out, Sir !!! :Wink: :eyebrow: :Hat:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

SkimmingTheCream
Chub

Post by SkimmingTheCream »

" and there's no sign of an ebb of the obsession"
I don't think anyone was really expecting one AC ..

It looks a nice addition to your collection . :Thumb:

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

Wallys-Cast wrote:Well done Mal, another quality rod for your collection, though it does look to have single leg Fuji rings so this is probably why it has so many.

Wal.
Yes Wal I thought so too, that's why I sniffed a bargain :Chuckle:
Best Fishes
Mushy

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Wallys-Cast wrote:Well done Mal, another quality rod for your collection, though it does look to have single leg Fuji rings so this is probably why it has so many. Wal.
Sharper eyes than mine obviously Wal, Sir !!! I zoomed in until the pixels looked like bricks and still didn't spot that !!! I'll amend the listing.

However ... for what I paid I'm not unhappy ! :Wink:

MGs
Pike

Re: NOT original condition 12ft. 'Tudor Supreme'

Post by MGs »

Another fine acquisition
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Re: NOT original condition 12ft. 'Tudor Supreme'

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Mal, the rod is still a Sealey Tudor Supreme, :Thumb: and no matter what rings are on it, like tyres on a car they all need to be changed sooner or later.

Wal. :Hat:

Return to “Precision Cane Rods”