marco serial numbers?

The Modern Arms Company Rods forum.
MarkG
Grayling

Re: marco serial numbers?

Post by MarkG »

Thanks for the replies and advice, I will give the ferrules the treatment suggested Wagtail; very helpful.

Yes, nice rods Buffer, the last one of these I had it was missing a foot from the tip, not quite the same are they when this happens. I tried fishing with it, caught a nice chub and it broke further down, I had missed a bit of hidden damage in the cane. In the end I did a bit of repair and sold it. So, its really nice to have one in such good condition and the price, extremely lucky. However, I am moving more into fly fishing and I have so many rods already but I may keep it, as you say, very nice to own one; and then there's always the bills to pay.; we will see.
I find them a bit on the heavy side compared to better makes but still a nice rod.

MarkG
Grayling

Re: marco serial numbers?

Post by MarkG »

Thanks Wagtail, I think I will rub them back to the original brass and varnish them, seems the easiest thing to do.

PS- I thought I had replied to before but it seems it did not go in for some reason; hence this late reply. Thanks for all the help.

Return to “The Modern Arms Company Ltd Cane Rods”