Marco - Arun Pictures included.

The Modern Arms Company Rods forum.
Nobby
Wild Carp

Re: Marco - Arun Pictures included.

Post by Nobby » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:38 am

You don't see many Aruns, but if they did them in all three usual sizes I wonder how they differ, if at all, from the more commonly found Test rods?

Reedling
Ferox

Post by Reedling » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:53 am

Here are a few pictures of the rod as I found it yesterday. When I get time I shall reglue the ferrules and rewhip the whole rod.There is a slight set in the tip section so I shall probably just turn cane over and whip rings on opposite side. I notice the whippings on this rod are the same as the others on this thread. Reedling. :Hat:

Leojosie

Post by Leojosie » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:24 am

Thank you for the photo's. very impressed with the photography. The badge on yours is mint. Half the man is missing on mine. The colour of the whippings are red & black ? maybe very dark green. I like the input on this site and how people are keen to help. I will try and give as much input as I can over the coming months still the new boy on the block so I have to learn how to get round the site. Thanks & kind regards LEOJOSIE

FloatingCrust

Post by FloatingCrust » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:11 pm

I've examples of both 10.5 &12 ft Arun models.
Should anyone wish to compare rods side by side.
In the hand the shorter rod gives the impression of being more powerful, a little faster in action.
The longer rod bends with much more of a through action than the shorter rod.

Return to “The Modern Arms Company Ltd Cane Rods”