Jeremy Croxall
Eel

Re: South Yorkshire Navigation Canal

Post by Jeremy Croxall » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:48 pm

BendSomeCane wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:21 pm
Penninelad wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:55 pm
With all the rivers flooded I will be heading to the SYN at Kilnehurst tomorrow as I have plenty of lobworms to target the perch.If anyone wants to join send me a PM.If you are not a club member and a bailiff turns up its £2.50 on the bank.Maggots might be useful to try to catch some gudgeon.BendSomeCane advises the canal may be coloured as its connected to the River Don.
Dear Pennine Lad .. were you brave enough to venture out today ?

My rain lashed office windows told me I was better off at work!

Bendsomecane
Andy, a bad days fishing is still better than a good day in the office :fishing2:
With my silken line and delicate hook, I wander in a myriad of ripples and find freedom.
Li Yu

Stathamender
Eel

Re: South Yorkshire Navigation Canal

Post by Stathamender » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:10 pm

BendSomeCane wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:21 pm
Penninelad wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:55 pm
With all the rivers flooded I will be heading to the SYN at Kilnehurst tomorrow as I have plenty of lobworms to target the perch.If anyone wants to join send me a PM.If you are not a club member and a bailiff turns up its £2.50 on the bank.Maggots might be useful to try to catch some gudgeon.BendSomeCane advises the canal may be coloured as its connected to the River Don.
Dear Pennine Lad .. were you brave enough to venture out today ?

My rain lashed office windows told me I was better off at work!

Bendsomecane
I think today was the intended day and it's bright sunshine and moderate breezes. I'd be there myself but I've been laid low by a mystery virus which has also prevented my return to France.
Iain

'You may say I'm a dreamer but I am not the only one.......'

Penninelad
Chub

Re: South Yorkshire Navigation Canalf

Post by Penninelad » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:43 pm

Not a great afternoon on the SYN with just a few small perch.Despite only one boat passing through the canal flowed backwards and forwards throughout the session and was never stationary for more than a few minutes.I stayed till after 6pm but the perch did not get any bigger!
Mark Davies

Return to “Other Canals”