waterways wander ticket- to fish Staffordshire

This forum belong to the other Canals.
Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

waterways wander ticket- to fish Staffordshire

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

thinking about buying a ticket- mainly for carp (to get away from modern carp anglers!)

not looking for specifics- but anyone had experience?. Is it worth it or are the stretches not leased by clubs not worthwhile?

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Re: waterways wander ticket- to fish Staffordshire

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

decided to buy a ticket and try- for £20 looks like a bargain

Must be 100+ miles of canal with quite a lot local to me but with options to stop and try other places whilst travelling countrywide

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

The list of waters covered by the Waterways Wanderer scheme is available on the Canal and River trust site ... link below to the page :-

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/media/library/1509.pdf
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Post by Penninelad »

I would thoroughly recommend getting a Waterway Wanderers Fishing permit.If you are a member of the Angling Trust it will cost you only £10.In the Sheffield area we have lots of stretches of canal covered by the scheme and if you look on the Canal & Waterways Trust website I think there is plenty of water to go at in your area.I am should stress than I would in no circumstance describe myself as a carp fisherman but I have caught plenty of carp in local canals,the best being 17lbs and not a bivi in sight!
Mark Davies

Return to “Other Canals”