Louth navigational canal

This forum belong to the other Canals.
Antman_1

Louth navigational canal

Post by Antman_1 »

Well I've been having a little dabble on the old Louth navigational canal recently.

It's a lovely old canal built in the 18th century, which originated from the canalisation of the river ludd.

Last used some 90 years ago it's fallen into disrepair but I think that's what gives it it's charm.

First off was a little bit of feeder fishing with the altex and a little unbranded 7ft spinning rod

These are from today's outing, I had a little more luck on the pin trotting some nice big white maggots

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: Louth navigational canal

Post by Dave Burr »

Result!

John Aston

Post by John Aston »

If it's the same canal (and yours looks far prettier) what we called the Louth Canal out near Covenham reservoir had some cracking roach fishing when I lived in Lincoln in the 70s. Lobtail and a springtip (what happened to them?) fished upstream and dropback bites . Bloody cold on a January dawn out there it was .....

Antman_1

Post by Antman_1 »

yeah that's the one john, this is the louth canal but actually in louth where it turns from the river ludd to the louth navigational canal.

i'll have to take a look at the covenham stretch, i've been meaning to venture further down stream to find some deeper stretches.

ExeAngler
Chub

Post by ExeAngler »

Nice bit of canal. More like river fishing.

Return to “Other Canals”