Angling Encounters by Bob Buteux & Tony Meers - Book Review

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Image Image

This book has been around for about a year now and it wasn't until December 2013 that I had the pleasure of owning and reading it and what an enjoyable book this is.

The first thing to hit me was the front cover, a beautiful illustration of a pike chasing a roach entitled 'An Encounter with the Deadly Assassin' by the late John Searl. After the dedication, acknowledgments and a small extract from John Searl's book 'A brush With The Avon' it's onto the forward by Bob Buteux. There are 28 chapter to revel in which also include a previously unpublished chapter by Richard Walker.

Each chapter begins with a fitting introduction about the contributor and with contributors like these chaps you can only imagine what stories that lay before you - Len Arbery, Peter Baker, Chris Ball, Vic Beyer, Fred Buller MBE, Bob Buteux, Eddie Chambers, Ron Clay, Pete Climo, Fred Crouch, Dennis Gander, Stef Horak, Peter Jackson, Martin James MBE, Bob Jones, Mike Kavanagh, Tony Meers, Maurice Pledger, Eddie Price, Chris Quinn, Alan Rawden, Paul Swainson, Fred Sykes, Terry Theobald, Bruce Vaughan, Richard Walker and John Watson.

The stories in the book tell of funny, amusing, embarrassing and haunting occurrences plus many other situations. The book is accompanied by many wonderful pictures and was a real pleasure to read. You won't be disappointed having this book in your collection.

The book is available from 'Harper Fine Angling Books' http://www.harperanglingbooks.co.uk/Ang ... nters.html

The cloth bound edition is limited to 500 copies, the leather bound edition is limited to 50 copies and the vellum bound editions is limited to only 10 copies.

Image Image
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Julian
Salmon

Re: Angling Encounters by Bob Buteux & Tony Meers - Book Rev

Post by Julian »

I agree with you Mark its an excellent book - I read it last summer.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

It sits proudly on the shelf, a must read for all TFFers.

Fred Bonney
Perch

Post by Fred Bonney »

Thanks for the reminder Mark. another one on my shelf I have yet to read!

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

this book is very good I have the leather and it is one of the best I have

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

this is a nice book with good writers if you you havent got it i don't think there is too many left so i wouldn't leave it to its too late to buy it

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”