CRADDOCK & CO THE ARROW

The Other Traditional Rods forum.
TrentFisher
Crucian Carp

CRADDOCK & CO THE ARROW

Post by TrentFisher »

Evening Gents,

had this little rod kicking about,so no cost involved just a bit of fettling and re-whipping.
The butt had some damage so I made good and added a extension to give it extra length.
I am pleased with the result...very enjoyable little project.
Matches up nicely with a Strike-right reel and Mitchell Cap/304

All the best
Nige.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Re: CRADDOCK & CO THE ARROW

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Nice job sir! I haven't come across that name before? The butt extension is s good idea, I prefer a longer handle. I notice it has what looks like a solid glass top? It reminds me of the first rod I bought for myself, I'd be nine or ten years old, it was a similar looking rod but the cane sections were painted black and it had a solid glass tip section just like the one on your rod. I used it with an Intrepid Black Prince reel. I thought I had got the best fishing tackle in the world!!
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

I guess that it must be named after the river of the same name that flows through Redditch the home of the maker!
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

On another thread on this forum a seller replaced the solid glass tip with a built cane one from what I can gather. The rod was called a Roach rod and giving it a cane tip seems like it could be a good proposition if you wish. Search Craddock on here Trentfisher.

Return to “Other Traditional Cane Rods”