H H Norris or W H Norris?

The Other Traditional Rods forum.
Fredline
Tench

Re: H H Norris or W H Norris?

Post by Fredline »

Bob Brookes wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:47 pm
Fredline wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:31 am
Bob Brookes wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:53 pm .........also, check out Bill (Knocker) Norris in Traditional Fishing Tackle Shops on TFF.
I loved the "Story of a Rod" Bob and it answers a couple of questions. The rod I have is all original apart from the swing tip adaptor and "R H H" are the initials of the original owner. The rod I have just purchased is 12'9",I do not see in your excellent thread the size of your "Knocker" match rod?
Hi John,
I have measured mine and it is about 12' 3". The tip section is about 3" shorter than the others but I cannot recall ever having a breakage, so I think that it how it was made. I could be wrong as it has been a long while!
Bob :Hat:
Hi Bob, your rod is the same size as when you first bought it. The rod I have is virtually the same a 3 piece with a shorter tip section. The butt section has 2 rings while your rod has only the one which would account for the extra length. I have removed the broken tip ring and it is very evident that it is all original. So far I am very impressed with the quality of the build and finish of this rod. I have struggled for years to find a longer cane rod I like and this one is looking like it could be the one.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Return to “Other Traditional Cane Rods”