Refurbish Allcocks Delmatic Mark two

A forum to show any of your restored or built traditional fishing reels.
OldTackle
Arctic Char

Re: Refurbish Allcocks Delmatic Mark two

Post by OldTackle »

An eye opener I would say.

Well done, Sir!

Chris
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

Evert van der Plas
Perch

Post by Evert van der Plas »

OldTackle wrote:An eye opener I would say.

Well done, Sir!

Chris
Thank you Chris

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

Never seen a black Delmatic before. I suspect someone may have slapped a layer of paint on top of the original grey finish. Wonderful job you've done there Evert, can't wait to see what you do to that old Mentor of mine. BTW, it just so happens that I've got a Delmatic that I found at a car boot sale that needs a bit of refurbishment..........
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Evert van der Plas
Perch

Stathamender wrote:Never seen a black Delmatic before. I suspect someone may have slapped a layer of paint on top of the original grey finish. Wonderful job you've done there Evert, can't wait to see what you do to that old Mentor of mine. BTW, it just so happens that I've got a Delmatic that I found at a car boot sale that needs a bit of refurbishment..........
If i can help you with any thing please let me know Iain. if you like you may send it to me and i refurbish the reel for you :-)

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

If i can help you with any thing please let me know Iain. if you like you may send it to me and i refurbish the reel for you :-)
Thanks for the offer Evert :Hat: , but I'm one of those eccentric Englishmen who believe (like Basil Fawlty) that tattiness is something only the truly distinguished go in for. I've cleaned up the inside of the Delmatic and relubed etc but the outside remains a testament to its years of service. It's the fishing equivalent of a pair of 501s that have got that worn and faded look through long use not short term abuse in a cement mixer full of pebbles. :Cool:
Iain

Björn Ulvaeus

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I can do you a few equally tatty looking Mitchell 300 reels if 'aged' is your thing :Hahaha:

I buy them for spares but often find they are just too good to break them up! :Brickwall:

Evert van der Plas
Perch

I love to refurbish old and bad looking reels, sometimes it is a lot off work but it's always good to see what the end result has become, the most off them came out better that they ever where. I like the challenge to make something beautiful out of a bad looking reel.
I am very happy with old reels if i can find them, and so now and then people send me some reels to restore for them from England and Germany that makes me very proud on what i do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

I can do you a few equally tatty looking Mitchell 300 reels if 'aged' is your thing :Hahaha:

I buy them for spares but often find they are just too good to break them up!
Thanks Nobby but I already have several tatty looking 300s. Last year I bought one on ebay for a tenner that looked terrible in the photo and was described as not fully functioning. That was mainly because it came with a spare spool so I figured: two spools + parts for £10 is a bargain. When it arrived: the basic problem was easy to see: it had been dropped and the bailarm catch wasn't working, a quick but delicate twitch with a pair of pliers and it was working perfectly. On checking it appears to have been made in 1956-57 and must have been hardly used at all since then as it's perfect inside and works like new.
Iain

Björn Ulvaeus

Return to “Traditional Reel Building and Restoring”