Reel-X

A forum to show any of your restored or built traditional fishing reels.
Wagtail
Arctic Char

Reel-X

Post by Wagtail »

This question is perhaps mainly aimed at Nobby :Hat: but is this the Reel-X you use, and if so is it an 'oil' or a 'grease'?

Should anyone be interested Snowbee have had it on offer at £7.79 but I don't know if they still have stock

'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Nobby
Wild Carp

Re: Reel-X

Post by Nobby »

Yes, that's the oil I use..it's very light and as an assembly lubricant it really is superb. They also stock the grease I use from the same firm Reel-X soft grease, again incredibly light, but it doesn't run away when warm and it doesn't fly off the gears...ruddy marvellous stuff.

Our own Beechmerelake did import some to sell-on in the days before it had UK imoporters and may have some left......

http://www.snowbee.co.uk/webshop/sea-fi ... ease-soft/

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Re: Reel-X

Post by Wagtail »

Thanks Nobby, I knew you'd know :Hat:
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Return to “Traditional Reel Building and Restoring”