New, all-metal custom Centrepin..

A forum to show any of your restored or built traditional fishing reels.
Lea Dweller
Pike

Re: New, all-metal custom Centrepin..

Post by Lea Dweller »

I have been without internet access since Thursday, so have been unable to reply to some posts regarding my reel. I have tried it on my favourite cane rod and it feels and looks wonderful, next thing is to catch some fish while using it! I am extremely fortunate to have my perfect reel constructed by such a master craftsman, the detail is incredible. I hope that some fellow TFF members will see it during next year!
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Richard Jackson
Brown Trout

Post by Richard Jackson »

:drool:
I spend most of my life fishing the Rest i just waste

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

The diameter of the back plate is 5 and one eighth inches the drum diameter is 4 and three quarter inches! As I have said previously, the reel is based on a "ventilated" Hardy Conquest, but the improvements are spectacular. Everything that I suggested or was asked for my opinion on has been reproduced. I am hoping to use it very soon!
QuinetteCane wrote:What a handsome thing to own Ted!
To my mind a close cousin of the BB reel, also taken from a Hardy design.
Although this one has (coff) the better detail finish. Bravo wm+ .
If I may,what is the O/D of the finished reel?
I'm quite happy with my dial Conquest, but can't quite shake off the slight envy.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

I weighed the reel on two sets of scales and it appears to be a fraction over 9ozs, lighter than many 4and a half inch models! I will double check using Fredline's kitchen scales next week!

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Wallys-Cast wrote:An absolute masterpiece of art and engineering. Well done to both of you chaps :Hat:

There's one reel you will never part with Ted.

Wal.
As you know Wal, quite a few reels have passed through my hands, I thought that the ventilated Conquest was the nearest I had found to the ideal. This reel is on a different level to anything that I have seen in many ways. The Powell Conquest name was a lovely surprise, my son is very pleased with that! (I wonder why) To have the opportunity to determine the size, also the position of the check lever and line guard positions was a real treat. Hopefully I will have a few years to enjoy this stunning creation and no I will never part with it in my lifetime!

SmithyFish
Ruffe

Post by SmithyFish »

I just enjoy looking at these things as a person would look at a painting or enjoy beautiful writing - artistic creation of the highest order!

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

I agree, It is the nicest reel that I have ever owned, I will be using it a lot in the future, it is superb!

SAJ
Ruffe

Post by SAJ »

Wow. Just looked at pics. Beautiful. I now want a lathe. Enjoy the fishing.

Return to “Traditional Reel Building and Restoring”