The 'Naiad' reel by Watermole+

A forum to show any of your restored or built traditional fishing reels.
GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Re: The 'Naiad' reel by Watermole+

Post by GarryProcter »

Quite exquisite, you are a fortunate person Nobby, and we are fortunate indeed to have watermole+ in our fraternity. A master craftsman indeed. As soon as I saw the first photo I began saving up for one of my own (as that was just a few minutes ago, I have some way to go yet... :Cool: ). I look forward to seeing it (and you too, Nobby) if it you get to Romsey.

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

Sublime workmanship and a thing of beauty, watermole+ is true artist..... :Hat:

Now Nobby...... we all know you don't know one side of a centre pin from the other, so give it to me and I`ll show you how it should be used and cared for... :Wink:

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I've never known a reel cause so much envy. :Chuckle: I hope I don't come across as conceited for having this reel or posting images of it on here, I've really done nothing bar make a few observations on what I thought would work for me, Leszek designed it and made it...every single component of it....and it works like a dream.

I'm sort of 'proud' of it, but I have no justifiable reason to be....it's just a word we use, isn't it.....'lucky' might be a better word in my case.

Now that Trevor ( Santiago) has been kind enough to share his secret cure, maybe I should have a go at making some Naiad floats to go with my Naiad reel? Where's that Alum listing on eBay....???

Richard C
Brown Trout

Post by Richard C »

Its a marvellous example of how talented Leszek really is. I know just how pleased you are Nobby and who would't be, let's face it.
Last edited by Richard C on Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.".
T. S Eliot
http://richard-cleaver.blogspot.co.uk/

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

What can one say....it is just a sublime piece of engineering but then it's art too, a fine sculpture with purpose, poise and elegance the like of which I have never seen before.
Watermole, you are a master craftsman, there is no doubt, but you are an artist first.
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Mick
Chub

Post by Mick »

Speechless. Absolutely speechless.

Paul F
Sea Trout

Post by Paul F »

Nobby wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:10 pm I've never known a reel cause so much envy. :Chuckle: I hope I don't come across as conceited for having this reel or posting images of it on here, I've really done nothing bar make a few observations on what I thought would work for me, Leszek designed it and made it...every single component of it....and it works like a dream.

I'm sort of 'proud' of it, but I have no justifiable reason to be....it's just a word we use, isn't it.....'lucky' might be a better word in my case.

Now that Trevor ( Santiago) has been kind enough to share his secret cure, maybe I should have a go at making some Naiad floats to go with my Naiad reel? Where's that Alum listing on eBay....???
Nobby,
You are right to be proud of it, and right to show it off, we all love this sort of thing.
I also know Leszek is very proud of it, but he is also very humble when I spoke of his skills
I am sure you will cherish and use it
Paul

Eddy Pools
Rudd

Post by Eddy Pools »

Thank you for sharing the pictures and information about this magnificent reel - inspirational design and build.
I can't wait to read what it is like to use.

Luga00
Brown Trout

Post by Luga00 »

You are the custodian of something very special indeed, Nobby. What an honour.

A one-in-a-million antique of the future.
Russ

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

As you know Nobby Im a fixed spool reel lover but looking at that its purely a work of art, one lucky man to own that. :Hat:
" It is a sinister place yet powerfully fascinating"

"BB"

Return to “Traditional Reel Building and Restoring”