Making the TFF Aerial

A forum to show any of your restored or built traditional fishing reels.
Marc
Sea Trout

Re: Making the TFF Aerial

Post by Marc »

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Never again will I look at the prices that some of the high end reels go for and think "pah, paying for a name". To see the actual process from start to finish, the equipment, time, patients and not a small amount of talent was a real eye opener. The result is stunning, I don't think I can add anymore to the praise already expressed on here, except to say that you should be justly proud of a staggering achievement. :Hat:
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Rusty
Ruffe

Post by Rusty »

Just found this thread, I'd love to compliment you on your achievement but anything I type won't be enough. The workmanship makes a Lythe look positively agricultural (that's a compliment to both makers).

Please tell me it's been used in anger.

Kevanf1
Arctic Char

Post by Kevanf1 »

Rusty wrote:Just found this thread, I'd love to compliment you on your achievement but anything I type won't be enough. The workmanship makes a Lythe look positively agricultural (that's a compliment to both makers).

I knew you'd love it when you found this thread, Rusty :)
Currently reading......Go Fishing For Bass and Go Fishing For Skate and Rays both by Graeme Pullen, The Kill Switch by James Rollins, Raspberry Pi Manual - Haynes, 'Make: Electronics by Charles Platt' & the 'Myford series 7 manual by Ian Bradley'

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Kevanf1 wrote:
Rusty wrote:Just found this thread, I'd love to compliment you on your achievement but anything I type won't be enough. The workmanship makes a Lythe look positively agricultural (that's a compliment to both makers).

There is another one here Rusty.

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=1978
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Rusty
Ruffe

Post by Rusty »

Mark wrote:
Kevanf1 wrote:

There is another one here Rusty.

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=1978
I'll have to save that until another time thanks. Not sure I could cope with another display of such skills.

NiceRoach
Eel

Post by NiceRoach »

As my youngest daughter says OMG :(
niceroach

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Chaps, I have just found this previous thread and my jawed dropped as it must have done for those that followed it at the time.

With no apologies, this is what I believe they call a 'bump' for those that like me missed it first time around.

What a truly remarkable piece of work.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

It's worth going through any of WM+'s old threads to see the other stuff he has made...he takes engineering to an art form.

He's a little unwell of late and limiting his time in front of a computer screen, but he might look in at anytime....

If you do read this Dave...get well soon.....we all wish you the very best!
:cheers:

ErrabundusPiscator

Post by ErrabundusPiscator »

My god - that is awesome!!!!
The time and effort, passion and love that has gone into this!!

Well done sir.

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

I've just stumbled across this thread and been totally in awe of your workmanship WM. My Next door neighbour is an engineer but works on motor vehicles (Agricultural) and my Dad keeps saying, "You should have a word with him and see if you can go and help him so you learn how to do bits and bobs". I'd love to but I'd feel in the way and I must admit, i don't really have enough interest in vehicles to want to learn his trade.

I'd love to come and watch you though WM and learn how to make one of these reels. I realise I couldn't take the time off work and even if you allowed me too I couldn't but just to own such a reel as that one....wow.

The workmanship is absolutely Brilliant WM. I take my hat off to you. :Hat:

What a gift you have.

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Return to “Traditional Reel Building and Restoring”