A trip to the dentist

A forum to show any of your restored or built traditional fishing reels.
Leigh

A trip to the dentist

Post by Leigh »

I recently purchased a reel that would compliment a retro rod, unfortunately, the reel had not been packaged that well and the handle had snapped in the post. It could have been returned for a refund but I really wanted to use this reel.

Telephoning a local company was not good news as they did not service or hold parts for DAM. I'm not an engineer so my option was to try and buy a long threaded m3 bolt or to glue it but it wouldn't have lasted after prolonged use.

Yesterday I went to a meeting a was talking fishing to a gentleman that is a dentist and told him about my broken reel, he informed me he could fix this and today and I dropped it off during his lunch break thankfully a small dentist drill and some dental filling was able to bond this together and save from the scrap heap. I owe him a beer.
20180731_150004-01.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reedling
Catfish

Re: A trip to the dentist

Post by Reedling »

It must have been a private dentist you would not get a repair like that on the NHS. I cannot even see the repair, brilliant job :Hat:

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

I think this must be same same guy I once saw fishing the Root Canal.

I’ll get my coat.....Taxi!!!!!!!
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

I used to blag old drill bits from mine - great for making your own stone weights. Other than these side benefits I am not a great lover of the dentist or his trade.

And Neil - No just NO! :Sarcasm:

Return to “Traditional Reel Building and Restoring”