Altex prices

The Hardy Reels forum.
Hovis
Tench

Altex prices

Post by Hovis »

Good gracious me, a altex just sold for £367 on that well know auction site! :shocked: now it was a gud un but wow. There nothing on there below £150 and some real dogs in that lot. Are prices on the rise again?
I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing.

Izaak Walton

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Re: Altex prices

Post by Loop Erimder »

Ooooh if they are on the rise I may off load one
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

MaggotDrowner
Zander

Post by MaggotDrowner »

I was watching an Exalta. £262 that sold for. Don't think I'll be getting one any time soon, however much I may want one to go with my Altex. I bet they're lovely though. The Altex is. :drool:
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

That Altex was the equal best I've ever seen. I thought it would hit about £250 but not a little shy of £400. We may yet see it offered for resale on one of the dealers website for £700!

Prices on good Altex have been slowly rising. Time was when you could get a marked but useable one for about £70 – £80 and a really smart one being £100 – £120. I'd say that unless lucky your now looking in the £150 area to get a really decent one to fish with.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

MaggotDrowner wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:38 am I was watching an Exalta. £262 that sold for. Don't think I'll be getting one any time soon, however much I may want one to go with my Altex. I bet they're lovely though. The Altex is. :drool:
Well that is somewhat encouraging as I have a couple of Exalta's (one complete and one with a few small parts missing) that I will be looking to part with later this year in order to acquire a Hardy Conquest (wheel in the hole tensioner model).

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

Gosh that Altex was a stunner .
Imagine if someone married that up with a mint raxine box ,paperwork , tools and a spare spool.

Return to “Hardy Reels”