DAM 220 spool required

The DAM Reels forum.
Jeremy Croxall
Zander

DAM 220 spool required

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Hi folks, I am on the bank side blanking with my AJD Wallis Wizard and DAM 220 reel which seem to be perfect for each other!
I would like an additional spool for the reel so if any one has one they would be willing to sell, please get in touch.
Thanks for looking :Hat: Image
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Re: DAM 220 spool required

Post by OldTackle »

Jeremy,
these spools are so rare. Best of luck finding one. 330's I could help but in this case. I have been on the search for about 2 years until I had two good examples of a 220. Very special reels. Only one or two occasions I found a spare spool. Usually in very poor condition.
If you allow me a little advise: feed some backing on the spool. pressure of modern lines do tend to make them break in two halves (top and bottom).
:Hat:
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Jeremy Croxall wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:51 pm Hi folks, I am on the bank side blanking with my AJD Wallis Wizard and DAM 220 reel which seem to be perfect for each other!
I would like an additional spool for the reel so if any one has one they would be willing to sell, please get in touch.
Jeremy there is one for sale on ‘that’ auction site - but it is certainly not super value - it is new however and if they are as rare as said could be worth a look.
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

OldTackle wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:02 pm Jeremy,
these spools are so rare. Best of luck finding one. 330's I could help but in this case. I have been on the search for about 2 years until I had two good examples of a 220. Very special reels. Only one or two occasions I found a spare spool. Usually in very poor condition.
If you allow me a little advise: feed some backing on the spool. pressure of modern lines do tend to make them break in two halves (top and bottom).
Thanks Christopher, advice noted :Hat:

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Pallenpool wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:14 pm
Jeremy Croxall wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:51 pm Hi folks, I am on the bank side blanking with my AJD Wallis Wizard and DAM 220 reel which seem to be perfect for each other!
Jeremy there is one for sale on ‘that’ auction site - but it is certainly not super value - it is new however and if they are as rare as said could be worth a look.
Thanks Peter, I had seen that one but it looks different to mine, on my reel the spool does not have the push button release?
I'll keep my eyes skinned for a cheap repairs or spares reel with a spool! :Hat:

Cat
Chub

Post by Cat »

Hi,
Rare as rocking horse p**! I spent the best part of a year sourcing various bits to rebuild a 220, but eventually found the necessary bits in Germany and stateside.
Lovely, quite rare, reels.
Be aware that the spools for the 220and 220n cannot be interchanged (if I remember correctly).
Can't help as I only have the one spool.
Good tip regarding backing - thank you.
Regards Cat.

Return to “DAM Reels”