Pass around item - Quick Finessa 330 "carp" reel

The DAM Reels forum.
Bob Brookes
Zander

Re: Pass around item - Quick Finessa 330 "carp" reel

Post by Bob Brookes »

The 'pass round' TFF 330 arrived in my possession today and a fine reel it seem too, thank you Old Tackle (Chris).

I am currently packing the car for an early start in the morning for a weeks holiday in Cornwall. When I get back I will spool it up with good strong line and try and catch a barbel with it. When (if) I succeed I will post a photo and contact the next recipient Tengisgol (Phil). It will then be up to him whether I post it, or he comes up to fish my river as my guest. I shall of course keep Chris informed, so he knows where the reel is.
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Trilob
Chub

Post by Trilob »

very nice!

I'm thinking about getting one of those reels from the bay of e!

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Trilob wrote:very nice!

I'm thinking about getting one of those reels from the bay of e!
Buy one off Old Tackle to avoid any risk of getting a bad one off evilBay
Bob
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

I have reposted this from my fishing journal to give continuity to the 330 odyssey.

I had an afternoon session on the river Trent with a special purpose today. I had been sent an DAM 330 from Chris (OldTackle), a TFF member from Germany, to have a fish with. After I catch one using it I am committed to send it on to Phil Humm (Tengisgol), for him to catch one with. He will then send it on to another angler, and so on.

I selected a stretch of river I had not fished at all this season and a peg below a bridge in which I had not wet a line for several years. On my second cast I had a bite which just had to be a barbel. It obviously was a good fish and on weighing it was a season’s best of 12.10. I went on to land another barbel, a chub and a bream. The reel was well and truly christened. The minor downside was to lose a couple more barbel, one in a snag and another with a hook pull.

Reviewing my day later, I do believe the barbel is probably my fifth or sixth biggest. I was glad that Chris Copestake was close enough to come and take the obligatory trophy shots.

For information of the next users of the reel. It is loaded with 12lb B.S. Nash Bullet line, which is no longer available. I have found that it is the best abrasion resistant line I have ever used, something essential on the rock strewn river bed of the Trent.

Over to you Phil, the bar has been set!

Tinca Tinca
Grayling

Post by Tinca Tinca »

A really nice reel I use too for a few years.
There a "no forward position" is spoken of;the reason why this position is there is to have a a.r. position
if you change to right hand wind.....

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Collecting this from Bob in a couple of weeks and then I need to decide the quarry!
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Nice fish Bob :Hat: only slightly jealous...... :mrgreen:

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

When Phil comes to collect it we plan to grab a couple of hours on the Trent. I have a special swim I want to take him to. It should be a good test of the strength of his right arm and also the clutch of the DAM, if he chooses to use it!

Nobby,
Why not come up to the Trent sometime, I could always organise a 'guestie' for you!

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Why thank-you Bob....I just might do that....don't you go and make those barbel shy by catching them all now :Wink:

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

[quote="Bob Brookes"]When Phil comes to collect it we plan to grab a couple of hours on the Trent. I have a special swim I want to take him to. It should be a good test of the strength of his right arm and also the clutch of the DAM, if he chooses to use it!
THE BATON HAS BEEN SAFELY HANDED OVER
I handed the reel over to Phil (Tengisgol) on the banks of the Trent yesterday evening. Of course it would be rude not to wet a line, so he bought with him a few items of tackle and some Spam. He decided that the reel had assisted me in catching a barbel and he would seek a different quarry on its next outing, but that is his story! He set up his Hardy LRH rod with a centrepin....................and that is where Phil's story begins! :Hat:

Return to “DAM Reels”