"Golden" DAM Quick 330

The DAM Reels forum.
OldTackle
Arctic Char

"Golden" DAM Quick 330

Post by OldTackle »

Evening gentlemen,

look, what a beauty found its way to my home. When I bought it I didn't even realize the golden shine of all chrome parts. It does not even come through my picture. This reel must be a special edition such as a jubilee edition. So far I didn't find any further information on it. The reel only shows minimum marks of use at the most common areas and the seller assured me her grandfather always took good care of it. A stunning reel especially on cane. Best with brass colored reel bands which I don't have so far. Anyway. I replaced the plastic spool by a metal one and kept the golden spool knob and will give it a good clean. It runs so lovely that I don't think I will have to do much service on it. Seems to be a very rare and by his former owner very beloved reel.
IMG_2696.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

Bob Brookes
Zander

Re: "Golden" DAM Quick 330

Post by Bob Brookes »

A nice find indeed, well done.
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Post by LuckyLuca »

Lovely looking reel OT.

Would look very at home on one of these viewtopic.php?f=190&t=15009&hilit=Billy+Lane+swing+tip
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

What a find Christopher! :Hat:

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

Some strange things with this special model. The reel body has only one side plate. I have seen that on 330's before but most of them have two. The reel has not the tiniest gap at the openings so I am pretty sure it never has been opened before. Second strange thing is the "Steg". The older versions had none and the newer had this "stiffening" at the reel foot. This here I would call half of both. Maybe intermediate stage? There is a German collector named Sascha. No further information on his page. I think I will give him a call at some point or write a mail to him. In any case I think it might be one of the latest reels DAM produced.
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

Return to “DAM Reels”