Look away now if you're squeamish, the DAM Robo (once tried, might just be enough)

The DAM Reels forum.
Satt2006
Ruffe

Re: Look away now if you're squeamish, the DAM Robo (once tried, might just be enough)

Post by Satt2006 »

As soon as I have time I will post photos of the different reels, promised.
Concerning the approach, the season for the whitefish starts 1.4. (here at our lakes), I'll try to take some pictures whilst fishing from the boat, concerning the fish: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coregonus, or in the depths of the net on Maräne, Felchen, Renke, Reinanke

Yours Christian

and here is a swiss presentation video of a "Wenderolle" and how to cast with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmRoCJ1v5zI
Last edited by Satt2006 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stathamender
Tench

Re: Look away now if you're squeamish, the DAM Robo (once tried, might just be enough)

Post by Stathamender »

Satt2006 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:38 pm
PS: I'd like to add - for the fishing from the boat you can use a light SC fly rod blank (#3 or #4) works great, as always you get strange looks from the other fishermen, for fishing the river I use a wonderful B&W Trotter and / or a very early Stucki Summa in 13' (Swiss made) and I'M looking for my Marco Medway 12' SC (coming in April)
I have a B&W Trotter and I agree it's wonderful. Took me a long time to find it.
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

Hang on! Let me put my sunglasses on! :Cool:

Swiss made! then that's got be good regardless of the colour. they make the best watches in the world. It does look interesting though and I can understand loading the line the other way. But you know what's going to happen, when your fishing, you'll forget and wind the normal way and end up with a large pile line on the bank or even a bird's nest.
:hairpull:

Mind you, it does make my 5" Eton Sun bakelite look a bit more normal.

Enjoyed the post very much Tengisgol :Thumb:

Deaf Cat
Grayling

Post by Deaf Cat »

I rather like that Robo - but then I had a pair of "loons" that colour in the early '70s so my judgement must be suspect.

The Maxima is a work of art - assuming it still spins - someone has put an awful lot of work into transforming what was a originally a very plain looking reel.
Duffer - The man without skill of hand, without good eyesight and no longer young - the man who really ought to fish!
(H.M. Bateman / R.D. Peck)

Gudgeon Basher
Dace

Post by Gudgeon Basher »

To be honest that's quite refined for Essex!! What did you have for lunch a red bull and a Ginsters pastie? :Hahaha: :Hahaha:

All joking aside can I ask where you are fishing it looks really nice?

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Gudgeon Basher wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:12 pm To be honest that's quite refined for Essex!! What did you have for lunch a red bull and a Ginsters pastie? :Hahaha: :Hahaha:

OK quit the Essex jokes! Only kidding.

It was a day on the Hampshire Avon at Britford, lovely stretch.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Gudgeon Basher
Dace

Post by Gudgeon Basher »

Tengisgol wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:22 pm
Gudgeon Basher wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:12 pm To be honest that's quite refined for Essex!! What did you have for lunch a red bull and a Ginsters pastie? :Hahaha: :Hahaha:

OK quit the Essex jokes! Only kidding.

It was a day on the Hampshire Avon at Britford, lovely stretch.
Sorry but thought I'd be allowed as I'm an Essex boy as well and was speaking from personal experiences!! :Wink:

Your right it looks a lovely stretch of river, quite jealous

Tinca Tinca
Grayling

Post by Tinca Tinca »

I use a reel of this Hegene type called Speedy.Really freeruning and a turnable foot like the scout reels have.Well.I tried it a few times for trotting and Tench fishing .To trot a float it is really useful but freeline fishing for Tench is a Little tricky with side wind.The line is blown behind the spool and it takes some time to solve it...

Old Man River
Eel

Post by Old Man River »

I have one of those, not quite as garish though !

:laugh1:

OMR
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Fatty likes the look of the Ro-Bo as it looks the type of reel to garner many comments in use.

Does anyone know if they are still for sale? Or second hand as this reel needs to be in the Mole Paws.

Any help getting hold of this reel gratefully received.

As ever,...

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Return to “DAM Reels”