DAM Quick reels

The DAM Reels forum.
Paddex

Re: DAM Quick reels

Post by Paddex »

Nobby wrote:So they used an odd number to indicate a left-handed reel just like Mitchell? That's a useful bit of information.
I like the wrinkle-finish paint....sort of reminds me of a microscope or other precision instrument.
it is just with the N-series, nobby, that the standard models have fixed handles and only the fast retrieve models 331 + 441 were ambidextrous,
on the older Quick Finessa series you could change the handle on all models and the next P-series after the N-models were for both hands also

Wandler

Post by Wandler »

What's the best way to 'first clean' the wrinkle-paint? I am going to try simple soap and water first to see if that takes off the accumulated dust. (My 'new' DAM is not actually very dirty but I am so proud of it that I want it to be in pristine condition!)

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

An old toothbrush! Those wrinkly swirls are impossible with anything else.

Wandler

Post by Wandler »

Nobby,

I forgot to thank you for the information about the dates for the Kasteasy! Thanks.

I wonder who made the Kasteasys for Allcocks?

An old toothbrush did the job on the DAM. I am really pleased with this... a pristine 330n for £6.05!

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

That's some result...there's a chap with a few in America who wants £200 for them!

Wandler

Post by Wandler »

I know! I couldn't believe it when I managed to get this reel for the price.

It really is a great piece of work. It is so well built. Really lovely.

Have you worked on these reels at all, Nobby? At the risk of being called a heretic I think they are as good as anything Mitchell produced... although to be fair they are a wee bit heavier.

Charles
Ruffe

Post by Charles »

Hi ,I used a Dam reel in 60's but alas dissapeared in a house move ,but I have recently acquired a Dam Quick fighter 60 ,a Dam Quick
SE 150 and Quick Camaro LS 45,they are in pretty good shape and work as well as my old one .Can anyone give me any info re age etc.
Thanks Charles

Wandler

Post by Wandler »

Charles,

Paddex kindly supplied this link to a DAM collector's web-page. You might find something on there about your reels.

http://www.saschas-sammler-homepage.de/rollendam3.html

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Hi Wandle and others,
I think that this site is even more comprehensive and is in English!
http://home.kpn.nl/roland.lindenberh/index.html
Bob
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Paddex

Post by Paddex »

Charles wrote:...but I have recently acquired a Dam Quick fighter 60 , a Dam Quick SE 150 and Quick Camaro LS 45 ...
they are all three in the DAM Dealer Catalogue from '95 - i can scan the pages with details, unfortunately only tomorrow

Return to “DAM Reels”