Mullocks Angling Auction Ludlow Racecourse

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
CrayCane
Chub

Re: Mullocks Angling Auction Ludlow Racecourse

Post by CrayCane »

All the prices are now available on their web site.

Pete

AndyB
Dace

Post by AndyB »

Beresford wrote:
TraditionalAngling wrote:Not a bad day sold a few rods and bits and found a few spares for other rods that are being restored.The Edward Barder Merlin went for £646.00 plus commission a very nice rod had little use.Never sure is it was knocked down at that as the guide price was £700.00-800.00. The Shaun Lindsay The Perfection Carp No1 again the last bid was £340 when price guide was £500-600.00. Some lots did not get to sellers gived expections..In one case £10000 guide prices that fetched only £6000 that were sold without reserve.
:Cursing:
People got good deals on the Barder and Lindsay rods. Do you recall what either of the MkIV Carps sold for? One was Tom O'Reilly branded rod that I presume was an Agguter's blank.
The early green whipped B james went for £460 and the Homer MKIV I think at £240. The Tom O'Reilly rod was very nice I thought - not sure about the blank being Agutters - a bit of a bargain I reckon. It had agates throughout and was very nicely finished.

TraditionalAngling
Brown Trout

Post by TraditionalAngling »

TraditionalAngling wrote:
Beresford wrote:
TraditionalAngling wrote:Not a bad day sold a few rods and bits and found a few spares for other rods that are being restored.The Edward Barder Merlin went for £646.00 plus commission a very nice rod had little use.Never sure is it was knocked down at that as the guide price was £700.00-800.00. The Shaun Lindsay The Perfection Carp No1 again the last bid was £340 when price guide was £500-600.00. Some lots did not get to sellers gived expections..In one case £10000 guide prices that fetched only £6000 that were sold without reserve.
:Cursing:
People got good deals on the Barder and Lindsay rods. Do you recall what either of the MkIV Carps sold for? One was Tom O'Reilly branded rod that I presume was an Agguter's blank.
The Tom O Reilly sold for £220 do not know what the others sold for.
No sorry was busy chatting as you do.

Badger
Grayling

Post by Badger »

Even with commission on top, someone got a good deal on the Barder Merlin. :eyebrow:
"An undisturbed river is as perfect as we will ever know, every refractive slide of cold water a glimpse of eternity" - Thomas McGuane

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

What is it with these auction? If I go the prices are through the roof, if I don't then its bargains galore. Probably just as well I didn't get there, having looked at the hammer prices I'd have spent an absolute fortune.

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Dave Burr wrote:What is it with these auction? If I go the prices are through the roof, if I don't then its bargains galore. Probably just as well I didn't get there, having looked at the hammer prices I'd have spent an absolute fortune.
You can bid on-line. I won an excellent condition B.James MK1V Avon from Mullocks for £160 not long ago. maybe i was taking a risk, but the rod was as described.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

Dave Burr wrote:What is it with these auction? If I go the prices are through the roof, if I don't then its bargains galore. Probably just as well I didn't get there, having looked at the hammer prices I'd have spent an absolute fortune.
It's not just you that it's happened to. Odd. Same thing as on ebay how come everybody else gets a bargain…
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Keep at it Beresford, I had a couple of results over the last few weeks - but I'm probably still down in the long run. I think its known as Sod's Law.

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”