The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair Sunday 15th November 2015

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
TemeLAD
Crucian Carp

Re: The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair Sunday 15th November 2015

Post by TemeLAD »

BeechmereLake wrote:WOW, What a weekend that was, all started on the Wednesday really after getting a kind email from Nobby saying he may not be able to attend the show as he was unwell, hope your feeling better mate, your empty chair missed you as did James, Gary and myself.
Great to meet more of the forum members who took the time to come over and introduce themselves, Wal, Teme lad, Luca, Northern_Nomad and Kevin were some I remember (sorry to those I have forgotten), head was A tad fuzzy from Saturday nights heroics with the Guinness and whiskey chasers :eyebrow:
Like to thank John and his other half for doing another fine job putting on the show :clap: Also like to thank Mike Read of Mitchell reel Museum fame James the Mitchell man and Gary H who I travelled up with for the talk and drinking session at our great hotel on Saturday night, a special thanks goes to James for some of the gear he took the risk of bringing to the show, many of you would off seen the stunning Walker rods he had with him and the chance he gave for some of us to hold such treasures, he also brought with him a very rare Mitchell reel and box which we got to view and discuss over drinks on the Saturday evening, the box was special but the reel was seriously special, a real favourite of mine, Im sure many who have an interest in Rare Mitchells will get to see it in the future when time permits.
Only sad point to a great weekend was the lack of deals we were able to do for people, we will try a little harder next time to shake some money out of your pockets by offering a more selective range of gear for you to look at and hopefully purchase.
:Scared:
It was good to meet you too BL and put a face to a name - I'm sorry to hear that sales were not as buoyant as you had hoped, you deserved them to be given the display of tasty reels on your table. I will be in buying mode next time around :Hat:
"I can't wait to buy a bamboo pole and a filament of line and a tube of breadcrumbs. I want to participate in this practice which allows a man to be alone with himself in dignity and peace. It seems a very precious thing to me".

John Steinbeck

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”