The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair Sun. 17th May 2015

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Bjp
Chub

Re: The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair Sun. 17th May

Post by Bjp »

Another point, i'm not sure what would actually happen but say you were offered one or more of these rods what do you do? contact the owner or contact the police.

if you contact the police are they going to be interested if the rods have not been reported stolen, as far as they are concerned no crime has taken place.
If you contact the owner he will probably contact the police and the same problem may arise, unless they are marked in such a way to prove ownership, it would be one word against another and as they were never reported you could be stuffed.

i might not have put that right but i know what i mean hope you do.

got to be reported, no question.

regards

bjp

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

The offence of 'Handling stolen property' has always been traditionally handed down stiffer sentences than that of the original thief in the UK..after all no 'fences' ....no trade in stolen gear.....

No report of theft...no stolen property 'exists'......game over.

Regardless of what one thinks of modern coppers ( and I assure you no one has a lower opinion than I ) if no report is made the whole lot collapses. A victim of a crime is the foundation of any ensuing justice...........

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

Have to agree with Nobby the theft needs reporting, John has nothing to lose but may also help himself and many others in the future by doing so. :cheers:
" It is a sinister place yet powerfully fascinating"

"BB"

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

I did reply to my email from John with the suggestion that he contact the police but I think he's in a bad place at the moment so it may have gone unheeded.

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

I agree with Nobby and the others about reporting crime. I used to live in a neighbourhood, which, although eminently safe and respectable ('Broomhall Park' in the following: http://sytimescapes.org.uk/zones/sheffield/S13), suffered from one specific type of crime: opportunistic theft from cars. It comprises long tree-lined avenues with plenty of parking space (as residents usually have off-road garage parking), little pedestrian traffic, close to the city centre and, in particular, a campus of one of Sheffield's universities (the one Sheffield people call 'The Polly'). So lots of cars parked there and regular break-ins to them by smashing side windows. On several occasions I found distressed car owners by their cars and offered to call the police for them but they refused as it 'would affect their no-claims bonus'. But the only way The Bill could justify putting the necessary resources in place to deal with this would be if it was shown to be a problem in the first place. And there's only one way that could be done.
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Précisément ! :Hat:

RedditchTackleFair
Gudgeon

Post by RedditchTackleFair »

Sorry to hear of the theft from the National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair. Not what I anticipated happening when I started the thing several years ago. I hope someone somewhere who knows the thief has the decency to pass on their details so they can be dealt with.

On another note, I have posted some photos of earlier days at Redditch in the Abbey Stadium, they can be found by searching " The Collectors Register " on here

best wishes

Bob

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”