Mullocks Auction

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
EsoxMitchell
Minnow

Mullocks Auction

Post by EsoxMitchell »

Have many of you seen that the Mullocks catalogue`s on line.
As from the 1st of March the Buyers Premium has gone up to 19% plus VAT!!.

I will have to do some more over time at work to pay the bill now!!.

Regards,

James.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: Mullocks Auction

Post by AshbyCut »

Makes e**y/Pa***l rates seem very reasonable, doesn't it ? :Scared:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

There are, however, some wonderful things in that catalogue especially in the way of early Aerials. Also a couple of Stantons identified as Adcock but I think much more likely to be Reynolds era and some potential book bargains. Thank God I'm spent up for the time being. Also a strangely named lure: http://www.mullocksauctions.co.uk/lot-6 ... tml?p=4-80. I'm familiar with divers, poppers, floaters etc but I'm a bit baffled as to what the action of this one might be.
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Ah! The little red bit goes backwards and forwards!! Thus creating a splash of water each time it is pulled - an early jerk-bait perhaps!! Not seen many of those!!

Gord
Crucian Carp

Post by Gord »

I think that is what you would be called if you went around your local carp lake casting it
when you are going through hell just keep on going (winston churchill)

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

I reckon it could make quite a splash!

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

If you use it too much does it affect your eyesight?
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

I have always thought that most Auction houses were on a fair old screw...so to speak. Sellers have to pay a commission and then buyers have to pay to buy, plus all the VAT of course. It is a wonder they stay in business, and both sellers and buyers have not walked. As was said above it makes E**Y and P**P** prices seem very reasonable by comparison.

The VFC
Brown Trout

Post by The VFC »

In fairness auction houses do far more for you than ebay ever will - I know the hours that John Stephenson at Mullocks puts in to research items, set good estimates etc. in order to ensure that the seller has the best chance to realise the item's worth and the buyer knows what they are getting. Neil at Angling Auctions also puts in a vast amount of hours to do valuations, collect items, photograph them, list them etc. etc. : his expertise is part of what you are paying for. I think all buyers (if they have any sense at all!) factor the commission costs into the purchase price when they are bidding. One of the things lots of folk on this forum like about ebay is the chance to get a bargain through something being poorly listed or the seller simply having no idea what they are selling - but it should be remembered that this means a good deal for only one side of the equation, the other side has lost out horribly!
Just thought I'd put another perspective -
ATB
Jim

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

Gord wrote:I think that is what you would be called if you went around your local carp lake casting it

I think the maker was possibly at a carp lake when he/she thought the name up. :Wink:

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”