National Vintage Tackle Fair - Redditch

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Snape
Bailiff

Re: National Vintage Tackle Fair - Redditch

Post by Snape »

Sounds like you all had a jolly day. Sorry I couldn't join you - I was stuck in marking exams! :hairout: :brickwall:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

Lechmere wrote:I've done a personal write up of the day on my blog - along with some name dropping :roll:
Lovely write-up, Lechmere - and thanks for introducing me to Kevin Clifford - what a pleasant chap he is, an a mine of knowledge, of course!

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

A very nice day, made better by meeting all the folks and chatting. I purchased a few nice 304`s, one near minter and a 314, a a few pairs of long forceps. A book from Jon Berry , Beneath the Black Water, been meaning to get it for ages and had a good catch up chat with him. Also nice to see young Colins new rod, its a cracker. Great day, even the long journey....

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Gutted I missed this but really there was no way I'd get there......looking forward to the next Romsey gathering.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

Merlot wrote:A very nice day, made better by meeting all the folks and chatting. I purchased a few nice 304`s, one near minter and a 314, a a few pairs of long forceps. A book from Jon Berry , Beneath the Black Water, been meaning to get it for ages and had a good catch up chat with him. Also nice to see young Colins new rod, its a cracker. Great day, even the long journey....
There were quite a few nice, and very reasonably priced, 304s and 314s, weren't there? - I was both surprised and almost tempted myself, Merlot. :D Only the fear of my wife stopped me from breaking out the wallet again! :o :D

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

They weren't overly expensive, the most I paid was £15, so very happy. I've used them for years, especially the 304`s they are cracking , strong little reels....

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

Merlot wrote:They weren't overly expensive, the most I paid was £15, so very happy. I've used them for years, especially the 304`s they are cracking , strong little reels....
I would certainly like one, and £15 is a great price for a lovely little reel like that! :thumb:

Lucky Strike
Perch

Post by Lucky Strike »

I was bullied into buying an 11' Mitre Hardy Wondrex by some friends, i.e they threatened to buy it if I didn't.
A really really nice rod, very overlooked I imagine. Steely powerful cane and would be great for barbel.
I'm starting to appreciate the lesser named firms and the great rods they put out, F.T.WIlliams, Norcro etc.
Great day out and good to meet up with people. and the craftversa made me weak at the knees.

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

Merlot I did like the "young Colin's" remark may be I should change my picture and name to young Mr Culley.
As In Are You Being Served
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TemeLAD
Crucian Carp

Post by TemeLAD »

Bullied Lucky Strike? - more like persuasive encouragement and the odd gentle nudge.

A lovely rod well purchased :)
"I can't wait to buy a bamboo pole and a filament of line and a tube of breadcrumbs. I want to participate in this practice which allows a man to be alone with himself in dignity and peace. It seems a very precious thing to me".

John Steinbeck

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”