ROMSEY VINTAGE & SECONDHAND TACKLE FAIR

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
StevetheCreel
Minnow

ROMSEY VINTAGE & SECONDHAND TACKLE FAIR

Post by StevetheCreel »

hi just a note for you diary next romsey vintage and secondhand fishing tackle fair 2nd October 2016 romsey community school off greatbridge road S051 8ZB 50/60 collectors and dealers in one large hall doors open 9am/2pm entry £2 tables for hire £30 approx. 6x3 center pins splitcane rods early fixed spools cased fish angling books hand made floats by r fox reel bags custom rods by chris ward also neil freeman of angling auctions will be holding a tackle auction in romsey on saterday the 1st October 2016 so a great weekend for romsey

Ouse Wanderer
Bleak

Re: ROMSEY VINTAGE & SECONDHAND TACKLE FAIR

Post by Ouse Wanderer »

Thanks for that Steve. Do you, or anyone, know if there will be an auction catalogue in advance of viewing?

StevetheCreel
Minnow

Post by StevetheCreel »

hi go to neil freemans web site angling auctions for auction catalogue as for my tackle fair I don't know what stall holders bring to the fair till on the day but a very good selection of vintage and secondhand tackle to be had there is something for everyone

Charles
Ruffe

Post by Charles »

Hi Everyone ,
Not sure if I am allowed to do this ,so forgive me if I am breaking any rules .

I will be at Steve Drapers The Romsey Tacle fair this Sunday 2nd October with my small stand showing over 500 lures ,country sticks, rods, flies . and fishing collectables.
please come and say hello to myself and the other exhibitors.
Combined with Neil Freemans Angling Auction on Saturday in Romsey also, it should be a great weekend .
Go you along well.
Charles

StevetheCreel
Minnow

Post by StevetheCreel »

hi just an update re ROMSEY VINTAGE FISHING TACKLE FAIR 2ND OCT 2016 PLEASE NOTE SAME VENUE ROMSEY COMMUNITY SCHOOL SO518ZB doors open 9am /2pm entry £2 very good turn out this year some new stall holders that have not had stalls before good mix of vintage tackle to suit all pockets gary mills from mill tackle centre pins and reel servicing Richard fox hand made floats chris ward custom rods rod bags and rod spares jim partridge abu Mitchel spares and servicing les shaw abu spares rod rings roger still hardy allcocks and high end reels nobby clark pre owned Mitchel reels and servicing etc Richard twite leather goods and antique tackle just to name a few

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

Hope to be there.

Tweed

Post by Tweed »

Exciting, I'll be going along, listening to the hum of anecdotes, bashful boasts of past captures, eager new entrepreneurs eventually overtaken with weariness around coffee time.

I'll be looking hither and thither, avoiding eye contact related to past grudges, looking for a gem to acquire, or a bubble to deflate with a throwaway comment intentional or inadvertant.
Last edited by Tweed on Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eddy Pools
Rudd

Post by Eddy Pools »

Looking forward to it

Tweed

Post by Tweed »

I make that six of us, looking forward to it.

I skipped the auction today - only the Witcher reel was of interest but times are hard and I'd probably drop it off the rod, my speciality.

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

I didn't manage long at the auction today but saw some amazing tackle ... I saw the Witcher sale .. my first time at an auction and it was kid in a sweetshop time.
I'm hoping to pop to Romsey sale tomorrow , maybe a bit later this time to avoid the queues /early rush.

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”