The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 14th May 2017

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 14th May 2017

Post by Dave Burr »

Another fine display of delectables and a host of familiar faces. I hope that the new venue has a similar amount of room.... or more.

I have a confession to make about my visit. I came away with two purchases, a modern book and a carbon rod :whistle:

Great to catch up with those members I chatted to and apologies to those I didn't. I missed Mal (Nicky was looking forward to her cuddle :Wink: ) And I find it refreshing that young members like Jack make the effort to attend - and pick up a bargain along the way.

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

It was an excellent tackle fair and good to bump into so many familiar faces and meet some new ones. :Hat:
The main reason for my visit was to collect the tip section of my newly acquired B James MKIV S/U from Andrew Davis which he has done a superb job on (obviously!).
I deliberately only took a bit more cash then I was due to pay to Andrew and spent it on a couple of lovely small goose quill floats (unnamed), a creel lid strap, a new small wicker basket and a old canvas brolly.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Dave Burr wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 5:04 pmNicky was looking forward to her cuddle :Wink:
So was I !!! It's the only reason I go, usually !!! :Wink: It was 11.30 by the time I left and missed you both.

Oh well ... Double dose next time !!! Hurrah !!!
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

AshbyCut wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 7:00 pm
Dave Burr wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 5:04 pmNicky was looking forward to her cuddle :Wink:
So was I !!! It's the only reason I go, usually !!! :Wink: It was 11.30 by the time I left and missed you both.

Sorry to have missed you Mal, but I did buy a Chapman 500 previously owned by your good self, signed and dated 2014!
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Jeremy Croxall wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 7:09 pm

Sorry to have missed you Mal, but I did buy a Chapman 500 previously owned by your good self, signed and dated 2014!
The one with the red feather ? I remember it well ... and I hope it does you proud, Sir.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

AshbyCut wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 7:14 pm
Jeremy Croxall wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 7:09 pm

The one with the red feather ? I remember it well ... and I hope it does you proud, Sir.
Yes indeed sir, the red feather is still there!
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

MaggotDrowner
Zander

Post by MaggotDrowner »

Had a nice time at the fair. It was my first and I was surprised by how big it was and how much treasure was there. I could have spent a fortune!!! But as Dave said just a couple of bargains. An Allcocks Isis, a few bait tins and a spare spool for my Mitchel reel.

It was a pleasure to meet members again and a few new people too. I hope to see some of you at the crucian day out very soon.
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

WoodMagnet
Silver Bream

Post by WoodMagnet »

Jealous, me, never. :liar:
Hope everyone had a great time and all
had a safe journey home. :Hat:
A.K.A. Kevin.
Qui audet adipiscatur.

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

It was dead easy to find me today. No badge needed. Fantastic to see so many friendly faces, along with making some new friends as well. My first Redditch was a flying success.

IMG_20170514_124051_074-864x864.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

hope you sold a few stu

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”