The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 14th May 2017

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Re: The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 14th May 2017

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Sure did Mario. :Hat:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

โ€œImagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.โ€

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

What a great time I had yesterday, travelling north from our meeting place at the M25 junction at Enfield, Fredline and myself travelled to Redditch through at times torrential but much needed rain! We then proceeded to "set up shop" and then wait to see what we could sell. We saw several new faces including Snape, the youthful Maggot Drowner, also Allrounder and several others ( I will have to learn to write names down, or take pictures)
We also saw many more TFF members that we had met before, too many to remember or list names! It was good to see the fair so well supported, I do hope that this continues when the venue returns to the original Abbey Stadium. I had the pleasure of showing my "Watermole+ Powell Conquest" to a number of people, including some visitors from Germany who actually asked to see it. I can only assume that when I showed it to several TFF members at the last Romsey word spread to Germany? I am looking forward to using it a great deal in the coming season and beyond, after all that it what it was made for! I missed seeing AC, (just glimpsing his back as he left) also missed seeing SK at his first Redditch, hopefully we will meet up somewhere during the season and have a chat! All in all a great day, got home tired but happy!

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

One of the best Fairs to date!... :Ok:

As usual I was stalled out next to Ted & Fredline, with the usual banter & laughs, opinions, like "anyone got a speedia?" :laugh1: Met many faces & names, new and old, but due to my decrepit brain, I`ve already forgotten, to whom I met & chatted with :Brickwall:

I hope the atmosphere and fun continue for many years to come... :Thumb:

SparkyLee
Bleak

Post by SparkyLee »

Help if poss
Hi I was at redditch Sunday and caught up with a lot of you lovely chaps
I brought far too much ๐Ÿ˜š๐Ÿ˜š๐Ÿ˜š
But wish I brought something else but didn't ....
I'd now like to get it if it's still for sale but don't have any idea who was selling the handle I'm after
I can help by saying it was on a stand in the middle row far end from entrance left side just past a large collect of books, not sure if they were there's but could have been ......
It was maned by a lovely couple, I'm guessing husband and wife, she was wearing a pink top I think
Any ideas folks on how to contact them ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™
Cheers
Lee
This is a copy of a new thread
But as most of you attending prob posted on here I thought I'd duplicate it if that's ok

CaneTincaCatcher
Ruffe

Post by CaneTincaCatcher »

I might be able to help as I had a conversation with the couple in question. They came from Beetley in Norfolk and it was their first time of having a stall at the fair. If you contact John Andrews he may have their contact details.

SparkyLee
Bleak

Post by SparkyLee »

Johns trying to contact someone ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Cheers

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

Attended the show at the weekend and very good it was too, met with some of forum members for the first time and had our usual table visit from the man himself Dave Burr :Ok: Lea Dweller and Maggotdrowner also popped over for a chat but sadly our good men Nobby and James couldn't make it.
Trade was good and the meeting of some new faces there too, Bob & Coleen Savage made a first time couple of hours trip from Norfolk and spent a good amount of time sitting with us talking about reels, they rang me and told me last night they enjoyed it so much they will be back.
I do think like a few others have said it was a top show this time, always helps if the stall holders have a good day but most important is to see the same faces as usual.
Hoping for the return of Ray Moss to our stand at the next meeting and I passed on your good wishes to him Dave Burr. :cheers:
" It is a sinister place yet powerfully fascinating"

"BB"

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

BeechmereLake wrote: โ†‘Wed May 17, 2017 8:21 am
Hoping for the return of Ray Moss to our stand at the next meeting and I passed on your good wishes to him Dave Burr. :cheers:

Thank you Martin. I'm really looking forward to seeing the full team behind your table at the next fair :Hat:

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Post by Wagtail »

I had a thoroughly enjoyable day 'stalling out', - despite being somewhat pooped - having been out late partying the night before :Ok: :cheers: (sober partying I should add).

As always it was good to meet and chat with a number of TFF'ers and hope to see everyone again in November assuming the change of venue can be arranged.
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Wagtail wrote: โ†‘Wed May 17, 2017 9:40 pm I had a thoroughly enjoyable day 'stalling out', - despite being somewhat pooped - having been out late partying the night before :Ok: :cheers: (sober partying I should add).

As always it was good to meet and chat with a number of TFF'ers and hope to see everyone again in November assuming the change of venue can be arranged.
Good to see you too Alex and thank you for your help on the day. Very much appreciated. :Hat:
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Return to โ€œFishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Eventsโ€