romsey tackle fair date

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
SparkyLee
Bleak

Re: romsey tackle fair date

Post by SparkyLee »

Getting excited now 👍

Shed_Monkey
Grayling

Post by Shed_Monkey »

SparkyLee wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:24 pm Getting excited now 👍
Me too.

I'm going to bring my calipers in the hope that I will be allowed to take notes of some tapers to put in the taper section of this site. It's a bit sparse and would be great to populate it a little more.

So if you'll be there with any rods I'd appreciate being allowed to take some measurements :Thumb:

Cheers
Steve

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Car all packed up....added a few nice rods and fine reels at the last moment, just to fill the table up. Is there anything anyone needs bringing down to Romsey? Mitchell 300 reel spares...???
I'll have home made float tubes, home-decorated float tubes, some indestructible metal ones, some superb agate-lined butt rings, hundreds of home-made floats, some home-decorated floats, a few freshly serviced centrepins...and of course, some as-new Mitchell reels....one, from around 1958, I don't think had ever had line on it.

Shed_Monkey
Grayling

Post by Shed_Monkey »

Hi Nobby - looking forward to saying hello.

I'l be keeping my beady eye out for ferrules, rings and cork shives as I have a few builds in mind for the summer holiday.

Cheers
Steve

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

I`ll be stalling out as usual......

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Nobby wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:55 pm Car all packed up....added a few nice rods and fine reels at the last moment, just to fill the table up. Is there anything anyone needs bringing down to Romsey? Mitchell 300 reel spares...???
I'll have home made float tubes, home-decorated float tubes, some indestructible metal ones, some superb agate-lined butt rings, hundreds of home-made floats, some home-decorated floats, a few freshly serviced centrepins...and of course, some as-new Mitchell reels....one, from around 1958, I don't think had ever had line on it.
Look forward to seeing you Nobby, if you have a clear agate tip ring for the Chapman 550 type rod that I have just bought could you bring it please?

SparkyLee
Bleak

Post by SparkyLee »

Good time had by myself and the wife

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

That was a good Fair! Nice to meet so many new TFFers and particularly Harry and Pud who came a long, long with the Dark Chocolate Tiffin again. You lucky people!...I'm not allowed chocolate anymore and you scoffed the lot! I don't know what Pud puts in it ( HER nickname not my idea!) but it seems to have addictive qualities.........I should probably send some to the Lab to have it checked for narcotics........Allo, allo, allo what's in that then? :Wink:

263 guests through the door, Steve tells me....you could have all bought a float each from me and I wouldn't have had to load them into the car again....... :laugh:

As it was, I sold all my laquerware float tubes and tackle boxes, most of my reconditioned reels....and even a few floats :shocked:

Only afterwards did I find my cold McDonalds coffee in the car and the Hardy and Speedia reels I meant to display......early mornings don't agree with me anymore......... :oops:

DWW
Grayling

Post by DWW »

A good day thanks to all ! :-)

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”