Vintage and Secondhand Tackle Fair - Romsey

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Re: Vintage and Secondhand Tackle Fair - Romsey

Post by GarryProcter »

Thanks GOS - look forward to seeing you there.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Forgive me, I think GOS mean Chris Ward...either way he's always in the far right corner when you go in the main hall.

Reel bands below 1 inch are quite rare and tend to be held on to, if someone is offering them about, bite his hand off sharpish! :wink:

I did once take a cheque from a well-known dealer....but only because I'd already emptied his wallet. :chuckle: This convinces me that I must be selling too cheap..seeing my own offerings going on other people's web-sites and eBay shops.

Actually all this chat raises a good point:

With so many of us going, this time more than ever it seems, it makes sense to ask if there is anything anybody needs taking down there?

I say this not in an effort to make more sales, but in the spirit of comradeship prevalent on these boards.

As well as the rods, reels and floats I'll be taking down if any one needs some hard to find stuff just let me know, and I'll see if I have it, or if there's a particular rod or reel you want, just let me know.

Equally, if any of you have a Millwards Craftversa kicking around I might be interested :laugh:

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

That's a good idea Nobby. I need a small lined tip ring for an old fly rod I'm intending to refurbish. I have the original, but the metal part is broken somewhere (not looked for ages now, and I forget where). I might be able to solder it, if not I'll try to remember to bring the rod (tip ring is still attached). I'm afraid I don't have a Craftversa. I might bring along some floats I've made. Nothing special, and I wouldn't take any money for them, but I might be up for a swap or two!

GOS - in view of Nobby's comments about the scarcity of 1" rod bands, do hold onto those you have if you prefer. As I said, the handle I'm making isn't for an 'authentic refurbishment' of a valuable rod - quite the opposite, it's an old no-name fly rod that I've stripped completely and am rebuilding as a rod for my grandson (his first cane rod). Mind you, it will have a name. Inspired by a comment made by the kind person who provided the rod, if I can find someone with a steady and legible hand, it will bear the name "The Whippersnapper". That should confound split cane enthusiasts of the next century when it resurfaces on the equivalent of this forum in the 22nd century!

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Gary...how about a brand new pair for just £2 ? :o

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310278165000

I bought a couple of pairs myself..they actually come in at 23.4mm inside diameter on the narrow end, which would give you room to thin that cork down a little for the youngsters hands.

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Hi All,
I will be attending Romsey so, if you recognise my mug, please make yourself known to me as I would like to put faces to some of the names.
Failing that, Jeff Della Mura (Hooked on Floats) or his wife will point you in thmy direction.
Bob
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

I'm so looking forward to this......you'll more than likely find me loitering around the philanthropy stand!!! :wink:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

Looking forward to it and the morning with Gary on the Saturday look out for
"Gone Fishing" Bumble would love to say hello if your there.
Bumble

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

I'm looking forward to the weekend - a morning fishing with Bumble on Saturday and then Romsey on Sunday. If I manage to find it. Been looking on Google maps, and it doesn't look too bad. But then I'm very good at getting myself lost.

BJMason

Post by BJMason »

Sorry to say that I won't be there, but some of my floats will be on show. Hopefully be there next time.
Bernard.

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

I have an Ambidex which is very stiff. I'm sure it only needs opening up and lubricating, but I can't seemto get the blasted thing apart. If I bring it along, would there be a kind chap who could perhaps show me?
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”