Redditch Tackle Fair

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Redditch Tackle Fair

Post by Dave Burr »

Back home after an enjoyable trip to Redditch. Seemed like a good turn out but not everybody spent their money - including me, just a couple of books.

Got to catch up with many TFF'ers including some for he first time such as a belated meeting with Troydog, a hearty chat with Phil Arnott (by 'eck he's caught some fish), and Allrounder. Snape's looking happy to be retired, PaulF smiles a lot when he thinks about his future plans and Bob Brookes.... well, he's always a pleasure.

There were many more including the regular stall holders of which Fredline gets a special mention. His biannual moan about it being his last time there but, when I said "See you next time", he answered "Yes, see you then". Then admitted he liked a bit of a moan. :Chuckle:

Bob Brookes
Zander

Re: Redditch Tackle Fair

Post by Bob Brookes »

I passed on that hug to Glenda from you. She thanks you and said that she really enjoyed it.
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

AllRounder
Brown Trout

Post by AllRounder »

Thoroughly enjoyed today’s show met a few TFFers for the first time Dave as mentioned along with Snape also managed to say hello again to PaulF, Bob Brookes, Fredline and Lea Dweller.

The highlight for me was confirming the details of my new Andrew Davis Nottingham rod to be ready next year. :Thumb:
The excitement carried over to the next stand where I then ordered a new hoop net from Andy Batchelor.

Sitting here nervously waiting for Mrs AR to come home from shopping. For the first time ever I’m hoping she’s spent a lot! :Scared:

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Bob Brookes wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:33 pm I passed on that hug to Glenda from you. She thanks you and said that she really enjoyed it.
Did you find those jump leads? :whistle:

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

What great day.
I was really good to meet up with some many old friends and make a few new acquaintances.
I wasn't going to spend anything but you know how it goes.
I'm a sucker for a float and Andy Batchelor saw me right.
On the way home I dropped into see Ryan Burns and collected a new rod which originally was a prototype cane drop shotting rod with a second avon style tip. The dropshot tip functions like an inbuilt quiver tip. It is only 7ft 9" but will be prefect for chubbing and perching in smaller rivers and streams.

This was my final haul from the fair.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Snape wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:36 pm What great day.
I was really good to meet up with some many old friends and make a few new acquaintances.
On the way home I dropped into see Ryan Burns and collected a new rod which originally was a prototype cane drop shotting rod with a second avon style tip. The dropshot tip functions like an inbuilt quiver tip. It is only 7ft 9" but will be prefect for chubbing and perching in smaller rivers and streams.

You missed some bargains on the tables that Fredline and myself had, we saw you talking right in front of us for a while, but then you were gone!

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

After driving through torrential rain on the way to Redditch, Fredline and myself had an enjoyable time meeting friends old and new. The two minutes silence was observed by all, a nice gesture on a special day!
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Lea Dweller wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:50 pm
Snape wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:36 pm What great day.

You missed some bargains on the tables that Fredline and myself had, we saw you talking right in front of us for a while, but then you were gone!
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Paul F
Sea Trout

Post by Paul F »

Great day, nice to catch up with so many TFFer's, waggle another lovely AJD rod.
Some traders do make me laugh, it is like they turn up to show off their collection and hopefully not sell anything by asking silly prices!
Got John Drewetts last set of replica Hardy angers guides in a slip case, wanted a set of these for a while, amazing history! :Thumb:
Bargain of the day a nice wooden slater reel for £25, which after purchase I discovered it was stamped "Homer, Forest Gate, London" :eyebrow:

Shropshire Lad
Perch

Post by Shropshire Lad »

I picked up a copy of the' book of the allround angler' by Bickerdyke revised edition 1900 it is in amazing condition for a book of 118 years old it has some nice articles in it including one about gudgeon fishing the best part is it cost me a fiver!

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”