Romsey Tackle Fair March 10th

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Nobby
Wild Carp

Romsey Tackle Fair March 10th

Post by Nobby »

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=43 ... hp=ids.srf

I thought I'd post the above link for those who have not attended before. The address given, of Greatbridge Road, isn't too helpfull...the school entrance is actually in Preistlands, a road running West off of it!

This particular site, Streetmap, was once no good either as it placed the post code in the water meadows 500 yards to the North! :Hahaha:

Once you've entered the school driveway park anywhere you can and walk West, you'll soon find the way in.

The organiser, Steve Draper always has a big, big table in the second hall, I had a more modest one in the Main Hall. Steve's Mum will be doing the bacon rolls and tea!

I've decided to do the tuned Mitchell 300 reels at a special price for the Fair( so I don't have to take any of them home again ;-)
Last edited by Nobby on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Re: Romsey Tackle Fair March 10th

Post by GarryProcter »

Looking forward to it! With luck I'll find it again. I navigate by prat nav - me, Google Map directions that I can't read while driving, and a map that I can't read while driving, so I tend to find myself in the most unexpected places :Happy:

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Well Steve does put some signs around the town to help....if you get lost just wind down your window and follow the smell of varnish.....

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

Actually I found it OK last time. As I came in from the South I just followed the signs through Romsey to Stockbridge until I got to the roundabout with Greatbridge Road. Same again this time, fingers crossed (though it's hard to drive with crossed fingers).

P.S. Smell of varnish? I hope you're not planning on varnishing my Mitchells!

The VFC
Brown Trout

Post by The VFC »

I'm guaranteed to get lost: if you see a bewildered looking bald man in a Berlingo loaded to the gunnels with tackle point me in the right direction!
Jim

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

No chance, if I see such a vehicle and cargo I'll hijack it and be off with the contents :Happy:

Seriously Jim, if I remember correctly, Stockbridge is signposted throughout Romsey, so all you need to do is follow those signs and turn left (Greatbridge Road) at the correct roundabout (I used Google Maps to see what it looked like). Otherwise follow an old, fat, bald person in an old blue Passat Estate.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Jim, if you've taken a table you need to drive at little further into the grounds to get near the hall. Basically ,enter through the main gates and bear right as soon as you can...follow the wall on the right until you come to a car park on the left..this is the exhibitor's car park....it soon gets full.

Richard C
Brown Trout

Post by Richard C »

May I follow like a lost sheep too please?

So to recap...see line of bemused and slightly bewildered chaps..
one irate bald man looking for van, one chap with a big armful of cane, large 'portly' full grown man trying to talk into his sat nav all sniffing at the air and following a bright glow from Nobby's stall. Sounds like a comedy of errors. Hear Benny Hill theme tune and see film played in fast forward.

See you in line chaps! :Wink:
"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.".
T. S Eliot
http://richard-cleaver.blogspot.co.uk/

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

4ngler wrote: So to recap...see line of bemused and slightly bewildered chaps..
one irate bald man looking for van, one chap with a big armful of cane, large 'portly' full grown man trying to talk into his sat nav all sniffing at the air and following a bright glow from Nobby's stall. Sounds like a comedy of errors. Hear Benny Hill theme tune and see film played in fast forward.
See you in line chaps! :Wink:
By jove, I think he's got it! :Happy:

The VFC
Brown Trout

Post by The VFC »

Nobby wrote:Jim, if you've taken a table you need to drive at little further into the grounds to get near the hall. Basically ,enter through the main gates and bear right as soon as you can...follow the wall on the right until you come to a car park on the left..this is the exhibitor's car park....it soon gets full.

Thanks Nobby: good gen!
Jim

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”