National Vintage Tackle Fair - 19th May 2013

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Snape
Bailiff

Re: National Vintage Tackle Fair - 19th May 2013

Post by Snape »

Wish I could have been there but I was committed to running GCSE exam revision sessions.... :Hair out: :Cursing:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Nice as usual some lovely stuff there, although I didnt buy anything, no wonder the missus insisted on coming :Chuckle:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Lucky Strike
Perch

Post by Lucky Strike »

I couldn't make it either unfortunately. Please tell me that there were no Craftversa's.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Lucky Strike wrote:I couldn't make it either unfortunately. Please tell me that there were no Craftversa's.
There were several......buy one get one free :Chuckle:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

TraditionalAngling
Brown Trout

Post by TraditionalAngling »

Just back from Redditch great day selling and buying .Very busy fair.Most buyers could find what they wanted plus many items that was out of my and others reach. Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by TraditionalAngling on Mon May 20, 2013 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Haydn Clarke

Post by Haydn Clarke »

Lucky Strike wrote:I couldn't make it either unfortunately. Please tell me that there were no Craftversa's.
There was a Craftversa. I had a waggle of it and rather lovely it was, too.

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

I could'nt make it as too far to cycle. Went on ebay instead and spent a fortune as I accidentely won most of my bids. More on that elsewhere! I'll have to eat pasta for the next month now!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Chevin
Brown Trout

Post by Chevin »

Me too :laugh:
"A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance"

H.T. Sheringham

The VFC
Brown Trout

Post by The VFC »

Great to see everyone again - thanks for stopping in and saying "Hi": TFF-ers will always find a welcome corner to chat whilst I take a stall at Romsey and Redditch!

atb
Jim

Trevor
Eel

Post by Trevor »

Had a nice morning mooching around my first tackle fair. Such a fever inducing array of goodies I've never seen the like of before! I left my wallet at home and just took some cash, which was just as well as I could have quite easily drained the bank account dry!

Bumped into Mark & Merlot - nice to see you both again. The TFF badge will come in handy at the next one to help pick out some of those I wouldn't normally recognise.

It was also nice to meet Jim on the VFC stall and relieve him of a rather nice mottled landing net handle. Also picked up a creel, which is currently having a bath, plus some Paul Cook floats and one of his prints.

Better start saving for the next one...

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”