How many types of Elites they made?

The K. P. Morritts Reels forum.
Tinca Tinca
Grayling

How many types of Elites they made?

Post by Tinca Tinca »

Had read the Elite thread and saw a few good conditioned Elites.I own one ,too.
It has a red plastic box ,the 3 position AR but after opening and cleaning I saw that
the gear of mine is made of plastic...Is there any detail to see outside if it has a metal or
a plastic gear?I am thinking of buying a second one that should be the metal gear one.
The one I have and still use is a really nice old reel and it is only to have two different ones
in my collection....Did they do different spools? Mine has a shallow one I suspect...

Michael
Tench

Re: How many types of Elites they made?

Post by Michael »

Intrepid Elites, the same reel had internals made from different materials and subtle changes, I`ve got about 4 elites and they all nearly differ inside. I`ve a soft spot for the Elite and collected a few more for spares... Due to the aforementioned, I have bugger all spares that will fit all reels. From memory they made three different spools... The idea of the reel was brilliant and an innovation, but the build and materials were rough and let it down......

Tinca Tinca
Grayling

Post by Tinca Tinca »

You are right that this reel is a little rough,but I use it a couple of times in the year and have fun with it.
Mine has captured a few hundred Tench and a 10 lbs Carp the last years and only point of critic for me
is the worse clutch in this reel.May be that it was better many years ago and died on the fact to be
closed for many years...

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

Tinca Tinca wrote:You are right that this reel is a little rough,but I use it a couple of times in the year and have fun with it.
Mine has captured a few hundred Tench and a 10 lbs Carp the last years and only point of critic for me
is the worse clutch in this reel.May be that it was better many years ago and died on the fact to be
closed for many years...
I've just bought an elite in good condition but I've not received it yet, the one I do have is terrible but was part of a rough job lot. I'll post when this new one arrives. It's coming with a diplomat (type of reel, not just a bloke who introduces the reel) that looks verily carpy....
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Tinca Tinca
Grayling

Post by Tinca Tinca »

If it are the reels you posted last days it looks like really good conditioned....

Return to “K. P. Morritts Reels”