Intrepid Classic

The K. P. Morritts Reels forum.
Pinkster
Roach

Intrepid Classic

Post by Pinkster »

Having recently puchased an Intrepid Classic from a well known auction site,,,I decided to open it up and compare it to the very similar Regent and Envoy...
The reel itself is in excellent condition, only thing missing was a box. It looks as though it has hardly been used, no grit evident at all.
On removing the handle i noticed that it was the first one i have seen that didn't have any blistering at all under the "chrome" coating.
Opening the sideplate, i was greeted with a shiny COPPER main gear!! I would have thought copper too soft but hey ho!
This spool oscillation mechanism is also the first i have seen on a Morritts reel.
Have a wee look and enjoy folks,,,
G

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable,
a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Stingray
Grayling

Re: Intrepid Classic

Post by Stingray »

Nice one. I have a Classic too which I do really like. Probably bronze rather than copper for the main gear.

:fish:

PS. ... and the word on everyones' lips is chenille.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Splendid little reels ... but don't tell everyone or they'll all want one !!! :Wink:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Stingray wrote:Nice one. I have a Classic too which I do really like. Probably bronze rather than copper for the main gear.

:fish:

PS. ... and the word on everyones' lips is chenille.
My thoughts too :Hat:

WhiteWolf
Minnow

Post by WhiteWolf »

I have one of these too, bought around 1962 if my memory serves me correctly. I agree with the previous comments, it's not copper, way too soft, it's some form of bronze alloy.

Return to “K. P. Morritts Reels”