My 99p Intrepid Elite

The K. P. Morritts Reels forum.
Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Re: My 99p Intrepid Elite

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Reedling wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:20 am Just dug out my reel and took a couple of pics that may help you line the bail arm up..

Thanks Reedling, that's very helpful. My reel doesn't have the trigger on the bail so I assume it to be an earlier model than yours?
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Here you go Jeremy :Hat:

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Paul D wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:08 pm Here you go Jeremy :Hat:
Paul you're a superstar! However my reel does not have the trigger on the bale arm mount and the casting on the flyer is therefore different:ImageImageImageImage
Your schematic shows a bail mount washer which mine does not have and I wondered if maybe something similar is missing from my bail holder assembly?
I presume my reel to be an earlier version and a lower spec than yours?
If any one reading this can shed some light I'd be very grateful.
Thanks again Paul :Hat:

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Thanks chaps for your help, advice and generosity. My Elite is now complete and working as it should.
The bail arm has been bent back to its original shape and the clicking noise was due to the bail spring having been inserted upside down which in turn prevented the bail mount screw going fully home.
I used it yesterday and christened it with a pb Rudd! :Hat:

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Sorry I missed this thread ... and glad you have it sorted, Sir.

Oh ... and that's a Monarch Mk II ... the reel I started out my angling with back in the early 60's ... and used for everything from perch and roach in my 'secret pond' ... to jack pike in a local stream ... to spinning for mackerel from Dorset beaches on family caravan holidays (many a fine breakfast was had !!!) ... and worming for trout and eels in sundry isolated streams on scout camps around the country ... and even for the one and only match in my teens, on the Ashby Canal of course. !!! A REAL 'boys reel,' and one which should still give good service.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Lovatt
Perch

Post by Lovatt »

Awsome, nice reels I've got one and did you know, Richard Walker also used one.

Trevor

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Lovatt wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:17 pm Awsome, nice reels I've got one and did you know, Richard Walker also used one.

Trevor
Hi Trevor, I didn't know RW used one but I think I read somewhere that he had some involvement in its development?
I am very impressed with mine, I have only used it once and it performed very well and I think I prefer it to my Mitchell 300! I also like the fact that it was made in England!! :Thumb:

Stingray
Grayling

Post by Stingray »

They are great reels, I have a few of them. Metal gear, plastic gear: all good. In retrospect I think they may have been even better if Morritt had omitted some of the fiddly bits (three position ratchet, folding bale) as they are the bits that go wrong if anything does. Generally very classy reels and I use mine quite regularly. Plenty of different capacity spools too.

Lovatt
Perch

Post by Lovatt »

Intrepid Elite's also spin the correct way if you are using finger control on the spools lip to control the flow of line off of the spool when trotting a river, unlike some Mitchels. The Intrepids are English we aslo drive our cars on the correct side of the road too lol no disrespect intended.

I have two spools for my reel and the original red plastic box for storage nice bit of kit looks good and fishes well too !

Return to “K. P. Morritts Reels”