Fisher 7

The K. P. Morritts Reels forum.
Black Prince
Crucian Carp

Re: Fisher 7

Post by Black Prince »

As for bashing into the stem it's a sound I will always remember a loud clunk as you turn the handle a child hood sound often heard by me as I fished the local canal hence the name black prince :fishing1: mike

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Black Prince wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:39 am As for bashing into the stem it's a sound I will always remember a loud clunk as you turn the handle a child hood sound often heard by me as I fished the local canal hence the name black prince :fishing1: mike
...........sometimes the loud clunk was followed by screams or harsh words because the mousetrap bail arm had smacked down on the fingers of the angler, mid cast usually :Hahaha:

A drawback with the Monarch reels mark one and two, the ever horrid Monarch 66, and the Black Prince.

At least this was avoided with the Fisher 7, although the bail arm was without rollers or even stronger wire, so grooving, not in the dance sense, after some bigger fish was always a joy :Hat:

The Mole used to use his Fisher 7 for Gonk Snitching on the local river Wey, until a 7lb Barbel did something funny to the internal gearing :Cry:

As ever,.........

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Black Prince
Crucian Carp

Post by Black Prince »

I remember now the rap on the fingers I had totally forgotten that ahh memories mike

The Mudway Dangler
Minnow

Post by The Mudway Dangler »

I've just discovered the consort spool is a bit bigger than the fisher 7, so my quest to find a replacement spool for the fisher 7 continues......
To catch is good, to return your catch is better.....

Return to “K. P. Morritts Reels”