ANOTHER VICTOR REEL

The Other Reels forum.
John Harding
Rudd

ANOTHER VICTOR REEL

Post by John Harding »

Good evening all,

Over the last few days there has been several complimentary posts about the Victor reel created by Watermole, and quite rightly so. Last week I purchased a new old stock reel by the same model name. Those of you who follow the various auctions on the internet will probably have seen this reel and a few others as well, it is by a manufacturer that I did not associate with reels and I was not aware of the existence of these models.

The reel is a Victor 300 Deluxe Spinning Reel by Fibatube International, there were two different sizes for sale, the 300 and a 100 model, they were grouped in lots with other reels. The group I really wanted to purchase consisted of one of each of these and also two Sealey Floacast reels, they were all brand new unused old stock, unfortunately this lot sold for far more than I could afford. I did though mange to obtain this reel which was grouped with three other makes of new/old stock reels.

What caught my eye was the sticker on the lid of the box, which was a bit battered, the label read :- "This reel is approved by Dick Walker and has been developed with the technical assistance of Hardy Bros. (Alnwick) Ltd."

Obviously the reel must have been developed and manufactured sometime during the 1980's prior to Dick Walker's passing, does anyone know the exact year that they became available ?

The reel :-

Hope it is of interest.

Regards,
John

Return to “Other Reels”