shakespeare black eagle 2900 500 centrepin

The Other Reels forum.
Awjp
Stickleback

shakespeare black eagle 2900 500 centrepin

Post by Awjp »

hi all .
your thoughts please on this reel . any good - points for - points against - what price expect to pay for one ?

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: shakespeare black eagle 2900 500 centrepin

Post by Dave Burr »

They are fairly agricultural. If you want to delicately trot small float merrily down the stream - forget it. If you want a utility winch for barbel and carp, it'll do a job. I see there's one on ebay with no bids at £41.00

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

I’ve looked at a few of these Grice & Young designs built after Shakespeare took over and they don’t look to be anywhere as near as good quality as the originals made by G&Y. As Dave says, agricultural, but the ones with a G&Y badge do the job and are just about bullet proof! I’d look for a decent G&Y.

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Fred
Grayling

Post by Fred »

I've got a Eagle 2900 400 and it spins up ok, I've used it trotting on the upper Medway which does have some pace. It does have a plasticky feel to it but its lighter than my G&Y equivalent so as long as you don't pay over the odds for it it should be fine. It all depends on what you wont from the reel.

Fred
Fish come and go, but it is the memory of afternoons on the stream that endure

Return to “Other Reels”