Rolls Royce Centrepin Reels? True or False?

The Other Reels forum.
Nobby
Wild Carp

Re: Rolls Royce Centrepin Reels? True or False?

Post by Nobby »

Thanks for that John. Reading one of the links I gave earlier it seems RR were pretty hot of the social side of things, even going so far as to having a choir of beer admirers........

A bit of searching on the net suggests RR had several workers angling clubs, R R Gear Shop AC, which still exists as Gear Shop and '173' also still in existence, both clubs starting in the Sixties I'm sure there's more.....

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Beresford wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:06 pm Richard Carter, maker of fabulous centre pins, worked for RR. I therefore consider his reels to be RR quality.
Likewise Chris Lythe. He made the early reels whilst he was still working at RR.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

Ivan Marks mentions having a 'Rolls Royce' of centrepins but it was actually a Stanton. The 'Trentman' centrepins were I believe made in the Raleigh bicycle factory. I've got a fishing platform made in the Flight Refuelling factory many years ago with aircraft quality materials.

Return to “Other Reels”