Centre pin reel free to good home!

The Other Reels forum.
Gudgeon Basher
Dace

Re: Centre pin reel free to good home!

Post by Gudgeon Basher »

I have been witnessing the generosity of the members of this forum second hand up till now, the posts I have been reading avidly for the last month are littered with kind gestures from like-minded folk.

Now however I find myself being on the receiving end of the generous members here but it has however put me in a bit of a quandary!

Let me explain myself, I was about to send Rod a message to thank him for his offer and give him my address etc when I noticed that I have received another message from Jeremy offering me a different reel instead. I have to now choose which act of kindness to accept but don't feel it's appropriate to snub the other offer and to accept both would just be greedy!!

I have looked through the forum rules and regulations but can find nothing that helps me there, so it's either a game of virtual rock, paper, scissors or a fight to the death at dawn between Rod and Jeremy.

Joking aside I have no idea what to do here.

Mark.......H E L P!!! Everybody is being nice to me at the same time!

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

May I suggest you accept both reels, decide which one is most suited to your needs and offer the other one to members who also wish to try out a pin? I shall not be the least bit offended what ever you decide, better a piece of kit gets used than gathering dust in a drawer! Rod has generously helped me out too and I know he will be entirely happy with my suggestion. :Hat:
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Gudgeon Basher
Dace

Post by Gudgeon Basher »

PM sent to you both and thanks once again

Rod
Grayling

Post by Rod »

Oh dear, what a quandary to be in, should I have one or two centerpins :Chuckle: I know of a way round this, If JC can let us know what reel he has in mind, I can sort out another type, if JC is giving you a float/trotting type, I will give you a reel for bottom type of fishing, or vice versa. I know I have some inexpensive aerial types, with bearings, which would be great for float work, or a heavier type that would do for carp or tench work, so if you sort it out with JC and let me know which one you want, as you can never have too many real reels :Thumb:
Rod :Hat:
An old man, who's only pleasure left in life, is sitting by some water, fiddling with his maggots?

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Rod,I will be sending a Strike Right reel, not a good trotting reel but entirely adequate for bottom fishing.
So, I guess something a little more free running for float fishing might be the best option?
We'll get this man pin fishing one way or another!
Stand by Gudgeon Basher, reel is on its way!!

Gudgeon Basher
Dace

Post by Gudgeon Basher »

Jeremy Croxall wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:47 pm Rod,I will be sending a Strike Right reel, not a good trotting reel but entirely adequate for bottom fishing.
So, I guess something a little more free running for float fishing might be the best option?
We'll get this man pin fishing one way or another!
Stand by Gudgeon Basher, reel is on its way!!
I am already waiting by the front door for the postman to come, it's just like Christmas all over again but with presents that you actually want :Hahaha:

Just don't tell Mrs Basher I said that or I will be in reel trouble :laugh1:

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

We'll call it an Easter present....better than an egg!

Mick
Chub

Post by Mick »

Well done guys! Once again the forum members have pulled out all the stops to help their comrades. I am proud to be a member.

Gudgeon Basher
Dace

Post by Gudgeon Basher »

Jeremy/Rod

Just to let you know that both your reels have arrived and I will take them on a test run just as soon as the weather improves a bit and hopefully post some pictures maybe with a fish or two if I'm lucky.

Thanks once again for your generosity, I can't wait to try them out.

Steve

Rod
Grayling

Post by Rod »

No problem GB, just hope it makes you catch the center pin bug.
An old man, who's only pleasure left in life, is sitting by some water, fiddling with his maggots?

Return to “Other Reels”